Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended Transmission Rebuild Kits & Suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Transmission Rebuild Kits & Suppliers

Hi all, I'd like to get some feedback from the transmission pros here about rebuild kits\parts.

1. Where do you like to purchase rebuild kits\parts from?
2. What Brand rebuild kits do you prefer or don't prefer and why?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

What transmission are you looking for a rebuild kit for?
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 07-24-2017, 12:30 PM

I mostly do 4L60\4L60Es but also do the occasional 4L80 and 4T65E, been many years since I've done a Th350 or Th400. I don't do these often, just a handful a year, mostly for friends or family. I do stock as well as some low and mid level performance builds as well.

I've mostly used either Pioneer or TranStar kits and add components as needed. But I hate that I can never be sure of the components in the kits. I'm also considering just getting paper\seal kits then adding the friction and steels that I want along with bushing and washer kits, especially on performance builds. But for stock(ish) builds, it would be nice to just buy a single kit with everything needed (minus hard part upgrades i.e. 4l60 sunshell) and feel confident in the included components at a decent price. Also, it seems to me that all 4L60\4L60E kits should come with the Hi-Energy 3-4 clutches and band but they don't.

So I'm just hoping to get a better idea of what others are using and what suppliers they prefer to use that would be easier for me to order from.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 0069GTP
I mostly do 4L60\4L60Es but also do the occasional 4L80 and 4T65E, been many years since I've done a Th350 or Th400. I don't do these often, just a handful a year, mostly for friends or family. I do stock as well as some low and mid level performance builds as well.

I've mostly used either Pioneer or TranStar kits and add components as needed. But I hate that I can never be sure of the components in the kits. I'm also considering just getting paper\seal kits then adding the friction and steels that I want along with bushing and washer kits, especially on performance builds. But for stock(ish) builds, it would be nice to just buy a single kit with everything needed (minus hard part upgrades i.e. 4l60 sunshell) and feel confident in the included components at a decent price. Also, it seems to me that all 4L60\4L60E kits should come with the Hi-Energy 3-4 clutches and band but they don't.

So I'm just hoping to get a better idea of what others are using and what suppliers they prefer to use that would be easier for me to order from.
Right on! I think we might be able to help you in some of those avenues. If you're interested, give us a call or shoot me a PM and we'll talk details.

-Dalton
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 07-29-2017, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

PM sent.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

If you ever need any TH350, TH400, or Powerglide parts give us a shout. We offer some really nice components for them. All made in house here in the USA.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am definitely not a pro, but I do have good luck with NTBtrans on eBay and Amazon. They are the retail side of Transmaxx in Ohio. If you ask, they will drop ship from the closest Transtar warehouse. I can get parts overnight, shipped free if I tell them before I order that I don't want it shipped from Ohio. They do requests too for certain brand parts. I got name brand Borg and Sonnax parts, not substitutes.

Quick Reply: Recommended Transmission Rebuild Kits & Suppliers