Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e shift issues after idling truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e shift issues after idling truck

2002 YukonXL LQ9 . I rebuilt Trans this winter. Beefed up everything. Corvette servo. Had shifting problems and shop found play in input drum. Re-rebuilt. New frictions and TC.
Month later, punch it to gap traffic and downshift includes cloud of white smoke. 2 miles later, in the first safe spot - top tube of cooling tube on transmission is loose. Replaced spring in the Jiffytite fittings and repluged tube. Added 5 quarts of fluid. All seems ok. Later in the week, idled truck for 4 minutes - would not shift out of 1st without winding it up then letting off. other shifts the same thing.
All this was May and remains consistent. THe first shift of the day is very soft, all the rest are solid. Or the soft shifting continues - wind it up, let off, hope. If I am having shifting problems, if I aim for bumps or potholes - I perceive that the problem ends.
I have this vision that there is friction material that collects in the shift solenoid with the idle circuit and prevents the shift.
Before I drop the pan and take a fluid bath, has anyone seen anything like this?

Quick Reply: 4l60e shift issues after idling truck