Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6l80e cooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6l80e cooler

I have a build with a 6l80e and wanted to add a cooler, but don't want to route it to the front of the car if possible(transmission is in the rear, stock c6 corvette drivetrain). Street driven daily with some track time. Was hoping for some input. A cooler with a temp controlled fan I am assuming.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,223 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by tdishon
I have a build with a 6l80e and wanted to add a cooler, but don't want to route it to the front of the car if possible(transmission is in the rear, stock c6 corvette drivetrain). Street driven daily with some track time. Was hoping for some input. A cooler with a temp controlled fan I am assuming.
Looks like you gave all the input needed. If you don't want to run it to the front...then it needs to stay in the back.
If it stays in the back, it needs a fan.
If it needs a fan, you will need a way to control said fan.

Yep, looks like it's all solved.

There are 3 or 4 other threads in the last week alone discussing coolers. Do a search (or just scroll down) and look what has already been recommended. One (or two if you want to fit them) H7B coolers will be plenty for your setup with an appropriately sized fan.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MaroonMonsterLS1: Thanks for the direction. I was reading through several thread and found new coolers for the front. I'm going to search through again. I figured it had to be addressed in the past.

Quick Reply: 6l80e cooler