Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to control 4L80E trans on budget no stock computer

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to control 4L80E trans on budget no stock computer

My question is about the micro squirt to control the 4L80E, how do you like using it for street/strip and sometime at the drags for anyone who has actually used it? It seems Denmah gave up on the micro quirt on 4L80E and mega squirt on the motor and he has gone to the stock LS computers for motor and trans. Denmah ran to 1000 whp on a stock 4L80E with HD2 kit in his turbo colorado truck and it held together. One guy in his pick up truck online even says you can use the HD3 kit for full manual (no controller operation, and not HD2 kit) of 4L80E Trans. I dont mind manual only shifting at all. Im building a 72 Nova twin turbo 6.0 LQ4 car soon. I want to use MS3 for engine tuning because it easier to learn to tune and drag tune then the stock pcm with HP tuners. But how to control trans? I don't think my slightly built turbo 400 will handle the power of twin S366 borg warner turbos on a 6.0. Cost to build turbo 400 vs using a stock 4L80E with controller or full manual shifting would be about same as built turbo 400 and I get the overdrive thrown in. Either trans needs a good torque converter. Opinions on what to use? Again Im asking anyone with actual experience, Not someone regurgitating what they think they may have read and has no experience using the micro squirt as a trans controller or at least controlling the 4L80E on a budget. I dont want to use HP tuners or stock PCM. Im going MS3 on the motor. Thank you! Hpbob130