Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Build Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tayto
I've looked at McMaster's site many times over the YEARS for other hardware and fittings but never bought anything from them. Amazon isn't the cheapest but I think they have multiple warehouses within about a 10 mile radius of me and they do their own deliveries now, with their own vans, and I usually get things within 48 hours. My criteria on a Friday night was to find all the 1/16" NPT plugs and taps and then narrow down what I could get delivered on Sunday... There were some others that would be delivered Wednesday, or Friday or even after Xmas, but I disqualified those, but at the rate I'm going, I should have it rebuilt by Spring! I only put 281 miles on this vehicle since buying it and a trans line rusted on the Interstate, losing 3rd/4th. That was the end of January. I didn't find a nice core until late Spring. I didn't even start any engine mods or power adders yet...
Old 12-12-2021, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just an update on McMaster--I contacted them and 2 brass 1/16" NPT plugs are $1.30 plus $7.91 Ground shipping... total $9.21, with tax = $10.02 and I'd have them Wednesday or Thursday (possibly.) One brass plug from Amazon is $7.55 and I'd have it Wednesday.
Old 12-12-2021, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gotta love Sunday delivery!

By the way, the tap was about 3 bucks less than McM too...

Quick Reply: 4L60E Build Advice