TECH Junkie

Received 1,256 Likes on 878 Posts

Originally Posted by Brando1118Burb
VortecIroc
Hmmmm...let's see...for the case:
1. Blocked 4th accumulator
3. Superior K0136 in place of 3rd accumulator capsule
4. Believe I removed the low reverse check ball at rear of case, as well
These CASE changes are no issue for what PBA offers.

Enjoy!
Old 08-19-2021, 07:03 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vorteciroc
These CASE changes are no issue for what PBA offers.

Enjoy!
LoL...yes..glad you omitted #2.
I know PBA will take care of me.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 162 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Brando1118Burb
Update:
I wanted to get a few thousand miles under my belt with this build doing some hard driving so I could report back with some real results. First I want to address that I fixed my 3-2 downshift delay by bringing my Desired Throttle Body Area back to stock in HP Tuners. I had it fairly aggressive by adopting some data from other tunes since I have the 90mm throttle body running on this engine with the TBSS intake. Once I restored the DTBA back to what was stock for a 78mm throttle body(even though I don't have one anymore) the delay went away. So it was my fault. Throttle responsiveness is just fine. Very interesting how installing a correctly performing transmission into the truck highlighted areas in my tune that needed attention. Other than that, the transmission is working great! No weird noises or any other funny shifts or behavior. Fluid is still ruby red and the transmission has no overheating issues. I'm about to build another one and this time I'm contacting Dana to send me one of his kits. Excited about digging into another build. Just want to thank all of you again for your time and patience with me as I learned about this transmission. Now when I speak with Dana I will be able to explain the mods I'm doing to the case and I'll understand why he will recommend the changes and parts he sends me. I would not be able to do any of that without going on this journey. The best part is, each one I build, I will learn more.
Awesome!

Quick Reply: 4L60E Sonnax Build - Questions