Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips, Tricks, Mods for the 4L60E OPEN FOR INPUT AND DISCUSSION BY EVERYONE.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,279 Likes on 888 Posts

Shown below:

The following 3 users liked this post by vorteciroc:
2BFAST (08-15-2024), bbond105 (08-15-2024), FranksCustomTrans (08-14-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FranksCustomTrans
It turns on the low/rev clutch in D3 position first gear. Can also be set up to do so in OD position but not advised except in plow vehicles as downshifts coming to a stop can be rather brutal.
But in very extreme power levels D3 racing and in plow vehicle's here constant R TO D TO R TO D happens it can help protect the low roller, I have only used it 2x in performance one was a 1200 rwho vet that kept exploding the low roller on launch and it did fix it . And one a few plow trucks as they are also well known to kill the low roller with the constant fwd/rev shifts usually without coming to complete stop. I have not posted method as it is really something anyone should do except in these type extreme situations as I said the downshift coming to a stop from coast is pretty brutal when accompanied with the ft overrun mod which logically would be used with it .
How do you do this mod ?
Old 08-27-2024, 07:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 618 Likes on 426 Posts

I am working on the simplest method and will post when i have decided which is best ,

Old 08-27-2024, 07:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 618 Likes on 426 Posts

Note when using 4th servos and in particular the sonnax dual 4th that sticks out with rubber seals , It is important to reinstall the heat shield. With the exhaust and cats so close and the servo being a dead end flow wise, Once applied they fluid just sits there till released. temps can go extremely high and this can and will result in a break down of the seals sometimes in short order.
I saw a post recently a guy posted fussing cause he had a slipping 4th on facebook and when he removed the servo the seals have more or less disintegrated. He was not running a heat sheild and was fussing how hard to was to get out he had to remove the exhaust.
The servo is a dead end though I have considered adding an orifice to perhaps make a quicker apply and aid in cooling . So next to exhaust with no shield it will get very very hot in there and cause the seals to break down.
SO I do strongly advise the heat shield be reinstalled. Also failure to do so can result in damage and leaking at the electrical plug
https://scontent-bos5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...Nw&oe=66D42C37

The following 3 users liked this post by FranksCustomTrans:
bbond105 (08-27-2024), bobcratch (08-29-2024), reubone (08-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, Mods for the 4L60E OPEN FOR INPUT AND DISCUSSION BY EVERYONE.