Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans decision

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Trans decision

I am ready to install an LS in my 68c10. Currently it has a TH350 but i am just at the point of putting an overdrive trans since i already have the terminator x max. Truck is 3400lbs with 3.73 gears and 26.5 tires. It will be my weekend cruiser. May do a good burnout hear and there and quite possibly 1 pass at the dragstrip just for fun. Motor is a lc9 with BTR Truck Norris cam. Tbss intake w/dbw and speed engineering headers. Dont imaging anymore thatn 450 crank hp. So this leads me to findind a 4 speed trans candidate. 4l60e or 4l80e?
Old 06-15-2024, 11:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 492 Likes on 339 Posts

I responded to your message but not clear it went out so responding here also .
I would consider my stage 2 4L60E FOR THAT should be perfect .
STAGE 2 4L60E BUILD UP TO 750 RWHP BASED ON A 4000LB CAR
New Frictions
New steels
All seals
29 element input sprag
Beast sunshell
Corvette second servo
Billet Dual servo overdrive 4h
New wide band
New reverse input drum.
8 friction 3-4 set carbon alto with custom made thick backing plate. Apply plate surfaced to be perfectly flat with specially modified steel plates to aid in cooling
Custom shift kit with moderate firm shifts that are progressive to aggressive as throttle increases.
Full time overrun mod to protect sprag keeps overrun clutch on in all forward gears except actual 4th gear (Engine braking 1-2-3 gears even in OD position.
New valve body plate
Modified but not eliminated PWM circuit custom.
AFL valve reamed and replaced if needed after testing
Custom 2-3 shift valve not sonnax for quicker upshifts on the 2-3
.500 boost valve set with PR set up for 200 psi max line based on factory tuning set up. Can go as high as 230psi with tune change to 99 percent max
New wiring harness and shift solenoids
New factory style pan with removable drain plug heavy duty not cheap tin.
New bushings throughout
(dual bushings in rear sungear)
This unit is suitable for anything everyday driver to all out performance beaten on
PRICE = $2500 WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING NO CORE REQUIRED TO ANY PLACE IN MAINLAND USA

If you were to decide to order one i ma a few weeks out about 4 at present, The best way to contact me and set up is via facebook
Facebook Post
You can also look over all my builds and what goes into them via my photo albums. Every build gets one so people are not only told but can see what they are getting inside.

Facebook Post

The following users liked this post:
2BFAST (06-17-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FranksCustomTrans
I responded to your message but not clear it went out so responding here also .
I would consider my stage 2 4L60E FOR THAT should be perfect .
STAGE 2 4L60E BUILD UP TO 750 RWHP BASED ON A 4000LB CAR
New Frictions
New steels
All seals
29 element input sprag
Beast sunshell
Corvette second servo
Billet Dual servo overdrive 4h
New wide band
New reverse input drum.
8 friction 3-4 set carbon alto with custom made thick backing plate. Apply plate surfaced to be perfectly flat with specially modified steel plates to aid in cooling
Custom shift kit with moderate firm shifts that are progressive to aggressive as throttle increases.
Full time overrun mod to protect sprag keeps overrun clutch on in all forward gears except actual 4th gear (Engine braking 1-2-3 gears even in OD position.
New valve body plate
Modified but not eliminated PWM circuit custom.
AFL valve reamed and replaced if needed after testing
Custom 2-3 shift valve not sonnax for quicker upshifts on the 2-3
.500 boost valve set with PR set up for 200 psi max line based on factory tuning set up. Can go as high as 230psi with tune change to 99 percent max
New wiring harness and shift solenoids
New factory style pan with removable drain plug heavy duty not cheap tin.
New bushings throughout
(dual bushings in rear sungear)
This unit is suitable for anything everyday driver to all out performance beaten on
PRICE = $2500 WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING NO CORE REQUIRED TO ANY PLACE IN MAINLAND USA

If you were to decide to order one i ma a few weeks out about 4 at present, The best way to contact me and set up is via facebook https://www.facebook.com/frankscustomtransmissions/ You can also look over all my builds and what goes into them via my photo albums. Every build gets one so people are not only told but can see what they are getting inside.

https://www.facebook.com/frankscustomtransmissions/
frank, you are definitely on my list for a 4l60e. You must have plenty of cores. And a 4l60 with shorter first,second and longer overdrive than a 4l80e sure makes sense in my case
The following users liked this post:
FranksCustomTrans (06-15-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,246 Likes on 871 Posts

A THM200-4R Transmission would be the least amount of work to swap...

And Frank should be able to handle that if there is a Core available.
Old 06-15-2024, 02:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by vorteciroc
A THM200-4R Transmission would be the least amount of work to swap...

And Frank should be able to handle that if there is a Core available.
Honestly they have become like finding a needle in a haystack the 200-4r , I like the trans rather enjoy doing them just cannot get half decent cores anymore and locally when they do pop up people want 400 500 and more for a core.

Old 06-15-2024, 02:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oneshotkyle
frank, you are definitely on my list for a 4l60e. You must have plenty of cores. And a 4l60 with shorter first,second and longer overdrive than a 4l80e sure makes sense in my case
Cores on the 60e are not an issue at all . Have plenty and access to plenty more,

Old 06-15-2024, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FranksCustomTrans
Cores on the 60e are not an issue at all . Have plenty and access to plenty more,
1 more question frank, convertor. Do you supply or have a brand or recommendation for a 3k
Old 06-15-2024, 05:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oneshotkyle
1 more question frank, convertor. Do you supply or have a brand or recommendation for a 3k
I dont sell or supply but generally refer to circle D or FTI for stalls. Yank is also good .

Quick Reply: Trans decision