Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some true LS boys ta help on this one.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some true LS boys ta help on this one.

Hey y’all thanks in advance for the help. I have a 2006 chevy Silverado 1500 that I swapped a ls6 here’s the specs it has a mild cam 234 Duration at 050 Exhaust 226 Duration at 050 Intake with a set of ported 317 heads, ls7 lifters, melling performance oil pump, a stock bottom end, a NBSS intake with stock injectors/ fuel rails, long tube headers ran to a true dual system thing is right around 320 wheel. currently it has a stock 4l60e in, unfortunately I whipped it out today kinda expected it to eventually but still a sad day. Now to the question would a 4l80e swap be worth the money and time on this kinda power or would a built 4l60e with a 2800-3200 stall circle D converter be acceptable and take the power ok or is the 4l80e just one of those things that needs to happen. The truck is daily driven most the time and I don’t really plan on doing more power upgrades other than a Holley high ram with some 42lb injectors. Any help is greatly appreciated im 17 still in school and don’t have the kinda money to just throw around at a proper 4l80e swap. If anymore info is needed for a proper judgement let me know thank y’all for your time.
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 524 Likes on 405 Posts

A 4L60E will handle that power all day long provided a proper rebuild is done. If the rebuilder just throws in some new frictions and seals but does not address any internal hydraulic issues your rebuild may not last very long.

If you’re not going to rebuild the trans yourself, I would DM FranksCustomTrans. He is very active on this site and one of the best 4L60e rebuilders there is and his prices are very reasonable. If I’m not mistaken he does not require you to send in a core and will also ship most anywhere in the US. You will be doing yourself a disservice if you don’t at least check what he has to offer.
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbond105
A 4L60E will handle that power all day long provided a proper rebuild is done. If the rebuilder just throws in some new frictions and seals but does not address any internal hydraulic issues your rebuild may not last very long.

If you’re not going to rebuild the trans yourself, I would DM FranksCustomTrans. He is very active on this site and one of the best 4L60e rebuilders there is and his prices are very reasonable. If I’m not mistaken he does not require you to send in a core and will also ship most anywhere in the US. You will be doing yourself a disservice if you don’t at least check what he has to offer.
will definitely hit him up thanks for the support

Quick Reply: Need some true LS boys ta help on this one.