Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p1870 code. TC not locking up.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 01:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p1870 code. TC not locking up.

first of all i did use the search, and found a lot of people had the same problem. i had my tci SSF 3500 TC installed a bout 3 months ago, i had a custom tune done for it via the predator, everything was going great until saturday, then i notice my tci s not locking up the rpm's are at about 2500 at 80 mph, when they are usually at 2000 rpm's. my service engine soon light comes on, then with my predator i look for codes and it gets the "p1870 transmission component slipping" code. i saw in my search that a transgo shift kit will help this problem out, i hope its not the converter. if any one has this problem or had it and had it fixed your comments and help is greatly appreciated. i love my car, but when **** like this happens i just want to get rid of it. thanks.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:41 AM
On The Tree

its something in the pcm... i took over to ed wright in town and he fixed it dont know what it was.. my 3500 did it so did the 4400 would lock for a bit then would unlock... but whatever he did fixed it hasnt had a problem since
Old 11-15-2004, 10:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My SF3000 slips. There's a lot to do with PCM line pressure
control; the PCM "fades" line pressure with temperature in
the Force Motor table, and I needed to up the line pressure
to enable the TCC to hold on grades etc. This is a "work in
progress" I'm not yet satisfied with, just changed it again
last night (to bring up line pressure more, at light loads
where the PCM is *****-footing it and starving the TCC).

Misfires will make lock and unlock, but unlocked you won't
see a slip code unless internal clutch-packs show sustained
slip.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

At the dealership where I work, we have been putting in a kit and/or a bigger TCC valve to cure this problem. If the bore for the TCC solenoid is worn bad enough, the company that we get them from has another kit that makes the bore larger with a reamer and you are able to install a bigger solenoid. I can't remember the company right now, but each kit goes for about $50 and we usually charge around 4 hours to do the install. Haven't had one come back yet.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

well i took my car to a highly recomended tranny shop and the mechanic took it out for a test drive and he says it is the converter, i was really hoping it isnt, but i will be leaving it with him so he can check it out more closely. i just had my TCI SSF 3500 just a tad over their 90 day warranty, i hope they work with me and just send me another one, i will call them soon. i do not want to bad mouth TCI, maybe i just got a bad one. it happens. i just really would hate going back to stock. any one else have problems with their ssf 3500's. i got mine from a group purchase. Thanks