Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette servo problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette servo problems

I just installed my corvette servo on my 2004 silverado. My reason for wanting to put this servo in was that my 1-2 shifts are not very convincing. They actually seems to kind of shutter its way into gear. Another thing is the delay time it takes to make the shift.

After the install my 1-2 shift seems to take even longer to engage and still shudders as it shifts, the 2-3 shift in noticeably quicker, but still a far cry from what I expected.

What Ive done is cleaned the MAF sensor hoping that would help, but nothing. I also tried putting the truck in tow/haul mode, doing this all shifts feel great. So my qustion is do I have pre-existing line pressure problem? Before the install all shifts were fine if I accelerate fairly quickly, same goes for after the install.

One more question, I noticed that servo didnt slide real freely on the metal shaft that holds everything together. There was actually some wear on the shaft. Could this cause the jerky 1-2 shifts. Btw the truck has 8000 miles on it. Sorry for the long post just disappointed right now.
Thx.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the tow/haul works well for you, that just means
"it's all in its head" and you really want tuning for
part-throttle shift characteristics. Though I would
not be happy about sticking mechanisms.

Quick Reply: Corvette servo problems