Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperately Need Tranny Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperately Need Tranny Advice!

My tranny recently started slipping on WOT up shifts on 1-2 & 3-4, so the lil but or racing and going to the track time I fit in is useless. I am going to take it to a local shop to make my dad happy for let someone "look at it". I wanted to know what are known weak spots to go ahead and beef up while I am going to have the tranny out and what are the thoughts on going with a Yank 2600 or 2800 stall... Side Note(My dad is not cool with racing at all so mainly I dont want a stalls thats feels out of the ordinary to the point if he got in my car he would be like what the hell!?) Any input or help would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by uLoSeAgAin; 01-06-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone Please..
Old 01-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search the site, it's been talked about a million times.
You should get a better 3-4 clutch set up and set all clutches to performance specs, not stock specs.
Get a transgo shift kit. Get a corvette servo if you trans doesn't already have one, you don't need any other type of servo.
Should be good if you're running low 13's.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Havent been able to really find anything to answer my question in the search option...anyone else have some info?
Old 01-08-2005, 07:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am surprised it's shot with those mods. I wonder if the tranny settings were messed with when they did your tune. Do you have the stock mass airflow sensor?
Old 01-08-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default slip

Originally Posted by uLoSeAgAin
My tranny recently started slipping on WOT up shifts on 1-2 & 3-4, so the lil but or racing and going to the track time I fit in is useless. I am going to take it to a local shop to make my dad happy for let someone "look at it". I wanted to know what are known weak spots to go ahead and beef up while I am going to have the tranny out and what are the thoughts on going with a Yank 2600 or 2800 stall... Side Note(My dad is not cool with racing at all so mainly I dont want a stalls thats feels out of the ordinary to the point if he got in my car he would be like what the hell!?) Any input or help would be very much appreciated!
sounds like the over-drive band is slipping. it is used twice, for second and forth
Old 01-10-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea still have stock mass air flow senor. I mean sometime I can go WOT launch it and it ont slip and other days it will miss the 1-2 upshift then miss 2-3 upshift....also the WOt 65mph punch.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Teching In

well see i had the same problem, but it was when i sprayed my car.. as many people as i know,, if you put any kind of power on the stock trans, it starts slipping.. so we put and trans go shift kit and it solved the problem and had it tune thru computer, up the shift firmness to 100%..if you are going to stay on horsepower then a converter like that is good, but if you plan on spraying you have to get a tight converter, otherwise when you spray, you will have the same problem you have now even tho you built the trans.. on a 2200 converter with exhaust ,and a gear ,spraying 250 i went 10'58s at 126mph.. thats with the shift kit and uping the resuure also,, and spraying it thru all the gears...