Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no speedo, abs light on, and tranny codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no speedo, abs light on, and tranny codes

ok one of my dads work trucks is a 1999 chevy silverado 1500 with the 4.8 liter, auto.....

well the other day the worker was driving it and herd a clunk and then the speedo shut off, and abs light came on and it felt like someone was applying the brake but checked the brakes and etc no apply of the brakes....i tryed accelrating and tryed to see if lock up workd nope....it will not move if i push 2500rpms it barely moves i think i gotta get it to go 3000 to get moving.....

next thing i did i came to a stop put her in park, and pushed the gas to see if maybe park was gone, btw reverse is basicly gone.....with tow haul engaged i gotta push her 3500 to barely move....

then finaly i scaned her and got these codes: P1860 TCC PWM Solenod Electrical Fault, P0785 Shift/Timing Solenod Malfunction , P0758 Shift Solenod B Electrical , P0753 Shift Solenod Malfunction, and P0740 Torq Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction...

whats odd i didnt get any codes for my speedo, or abs lights, i checked my trans fluid smells burnt but not really..... so im lost at this point.....
Old 01-12-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

on quick basic check since you lost speedo and abs light came on would be to look at the speed sensor connector and wiring at the rear of the transmission. make sure nothing ripped it out or broke the wires etc. If you lost that it would explain the speedo and abs. The transmission uses the speed sensor for almost all functions, so that could also cause other problems i would believe. Do you have a way to check abs codes?? You should have one for rear speed sensor.

Hopefully that helps.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

replaced my speed sensor today only 22 bucks didnt help anything, its at my tranny guys shop so ill keep everyone posted on that....but i checked wiring and etc...everythings fine, theres no abs codes just tranny codes, and also my tranny guys gunna check for fuses and relays check them all out in the morning, because for something to trip all those codes at once have to be wiring or something
Old 01-13-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

ok talked to the tranny guy no blown fuses or relays....search goes on.....
Old 01-13-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

That sux, keep us posted...
Old 01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

ok i get a call from the manger at aamco and he asks me "how long has the truck been sitting?" its a daily driver i told him.... and turns out a rat or mouse got under the fuse control box and had his way with the wires and etc..... mainly the transmisson wires and speedo wires and abs and etc....so problem solved, now we gotta drop the pan and see if the tranny didnt decide to crap out it shouldnt but it wont hurt to make sure
Old 01-14-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

They dont have to be stting to get rodents, i have worked on a few vehicles that have had wires chewed through by animals. They like the engine compartment becaust it is nice and warm and for some reason they like the taste of wire insulation.

hopefully thay will fix everything
Old 01-15-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

oh ya, got a new harness on the way only 300 bucks and 100 bucks to install not so bad