Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converters the Same in LS1's and 4.3 Trail Blazers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converters the Same in LS1's and 4.3 Trail Blazers?

Recently I went to a shop to have a 2400 stall made. They said my stock stall could only get up to about 2200, because they are very low from factory. So he said he found a better core which came out of the new 4.3 that was 310MM and bolted up fine. Problem is the car shakes in park, and neutral when you hit the gas. We removed the bolts on the converter and pushed it off the flywheel, started the car and hit the gas, no shaking, so they pull the converter have it sent to a shop to be balanced, got it back today, and WHAM same problem. They said it might be the transmission, but I think the only parts that could be doing that would be the flywheel (out of balance) or the converter. I had a couple of tranny shops tell me it was the converter for sure, and that the transmission would just smoke to pieces if it was vibrating like that. Also I broke my tailshaft on the dyno. So anyways to make a short story long, are the converters compatible, or are the depth different? Also does the vibrating sound like the converter?