Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI TH400 Question???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCI TH400 Question???????

Has anyone had any problems with this transmission? I put one of their Competition transmissions in my car and I don't have 2nd gear after about 200 miles. They told me that this tranny would take ANYTHING I threw at it, I am only putting out 380 at the wheels and spraying 150 through the MAF. Could this just be a problem in the valve body? Every other gear works fine. Any and all input is much appreciated.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99HUGGSS
Has anyone had any problems with this transmission? I put one of their Competition transmissions in my car and I don't have 2nd gear after about 200 miles. They told me that this tranny would take ANYTHING I threw at it, I am only putting out 380 at the wheels and spraying 150 through the MAF. Could this just be a problem in the valve body? Every other gear works fine. Any and all input is much appreciated.

ANYONE????
Old 05-29-2005, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought, but have you tried calling TCI?
Old 05-30-2005, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think they had a disclaimer that said, "Anything" includes all but Hugger Orange Camaro SS vehicles with crazy *** drivers named Brandon. : ) All kidding aside, I would shove that tranny down their throat until they coughed up a new one that could handle your shinanigans.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
Just a thought, but have you tried calling TCI?

sure did, they have never heard of it and if I am willing to pay for R&R plus shipping there and back they will look at it for me and tell me if they will even fix it.

I might as well just fix it.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TNorman
I think they had a disclaimer that said, "Anything" includes all but Hugger Orange Camaro SS vehicles with crazy *** drivers named Brandon. : ) All kidding aside, I would shove that tranny down their throat until they coughed up a new one that could handle your shinanigans.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:26 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problems with mine and it has 500 miles and 10 passes on it. They are rebuilt using used cases and like everyone else from time to time you will get a bad one. If you checked the linkage and qre 100% sure the dipstick is correct its most likely a stuck valve in the valve body or a piece of something got somewhere it shouldnt have. If it is fine everywhere drop the valve body and have a look, someone at TCI wil tell you what to look for.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kp
I have no problems with mine and it has 500 miles and 10 passes on it. They are rebuilt using used cases and like everyone else from time to time you will get a bad one. If you checked the linkage and qre 100% sure the dipstick is correct its most likely a stuck valve in the valve body or a piece of something got somewhere it shouldnt have. If it is fine everywhere drop the valve body and have a look, someone at TCI wil tell you what to look for.

yea, that's what I'm thinkin'. I appreciate it.