Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle Convertor questions and my broken TCI convertor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuddle Convertor questions and my broken TCI convertor

First of, my TCI 3000 rpm street fighter 2.2 STR torque convertor got broken. Here's the story. The convertor was purchased Dec, 2003 and I got it installed in September, 2004. The convertor was great, I was cutting 1.7x-1.8x consistantly in the track. I went from 13.0 to 12.5's. One day, it looked that my transmission took a dump on me. The car barely move even under 5000+rpm. No warning, the tranny never slipped or anything. I thought my tranny took a dump. I purchased a 4L60E transmission off from someone because the he is upgrading it to a TH400. We reuse the same TCI torque convertor and it still is doing same thing. It barely moves. The TCI Convertor didn't feel right when we pull it out. It wouldnt spin and it feels very tight when we "shake" it. Any opinions?

Here's my question. I am looking at a new torque convertor. Fuddle Racing seems to be the way to go now for budget minded people like me. Their "Performance Converter" series converters are only $400 dollars and HP/Street Converter converters are $555. Is it worth the extra $150 to get the HP/Street series? What's the difference? I am getting 3600rpm stall/ 2.0 to 2.2 STR. A step up from my old one.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noone able to answer my question difference between a Fuddle "performance convertor" vs "a HP/Street Converter"
Old 09-16-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whether it was trashed by junk from broken tranny or whether the converter let go first, I don't know. Either way, I would call TCI and send it back to them to be cut open and inspected before reuse. At the same time they may be able to restall it to their 3500 unit which would acheive your performance goals, probably for less than buying a different converter.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

give TCI a call and see what your options are. also call up fuddle or PM him and he will reply. he seems very good at the customer service area.