Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"That car's hot, man... oh wait, too bad it's an Auto..."

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bjamick
ya a guy at my school has a ram air m6 car and i have a trans am a4 and i told him i had the fastest car and he asked me if it was a ws6 and i was like no then he said is it a m6 i said no and he was like id blow ur doors off ive got a hypertech program in it. then i said well how bout $100 from a dead stop then that really shut him up LOL end of that
I hear that, the NTI Nascar school is close by here(Mooresville) So every time classes start up I have a fresh bunch of bitches to break in at the track. You would think they screen these people before taking them in
Old 08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure what pisses me off more the question itself or the clueless victom asking it. My brother called me a wuss after I bought the 99 w/o m6. HE cant even change his own ******* oil!! anybody still in dought just go to the drag strip and the results speak for themselves.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Launching!

This works for autos:

Old 08-14-2006, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i had a 69 camaro ss and my dads brand new 6 month old house burnt down b/c of his expodition (F-ing Fords) so my dad suprised me with it and now im gettin a nice check for my camaro
Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

here is why i run a clutch... i can drive the car 120 miles to the trackon pump gas, let some air out of the 315 nittos and go run 11's. put air back in and drive it home! i can take the car on a 4 hour trip and not worry about it. it is a hell of a fun ride on the bottle. it gives me the best of both worlds. what kind of stall would i need in the car to run 9.0's ???? could i really drive that car on the highway with a TH400 or glide? i wouldn't want to try.

also it is much more fun to drive!

Casper's car ran a slipper clutch, i think one for my car is about 4-5k. it has to be adjusted about every 20 passes, hmmm nto really a street application type of clutch!
power to McLeod! their street twin will take anything i dare to throw at it
oh and Darren, my best 60 is 1.27 with a few 1.29's to back it up on that same day as well as numerous LOW 1.3x's to go hand in hand.

if i really wanted to flirt with the 8 second mark i would have dropped in a th400 3 years ago, and put wheelie bars on the car, hmmm no!

my best guess (somewhat edumacated) is shifting costs about 0.45 tenths in a qtr mile.

have fun with whatever puts a smile on your face! autos and sticks are both fun to drive.

although i have to agree with one earlier statement, " i too like to drive my car down the track" it just feels like i am providing more input to what the car does.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

wow, this one came back from the dead!

A6 paddle shifter, best of both worlds... as long as you aren't a sub 11 sec car. Which, I am sure most of us are not.

I drove a manual, (svt cobra) for 8 years as my daily driver, fighting downtown houston traffic. I saw the a6 and decided I would give it a shot. Honestly though, the verdict is still out until the tune for tcm becomes available. But the A6 is almost as fun. Just needs a little less delay in the shifts.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Gold Z
Manual transmissions impress high school kids, automatics win races.......screw the high school kids.
thats funny
Old 08-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Launching!

I have a m6 Trans Am and all my f body friends have A4's they win every time and i say damn wish i had an auto but when i leave the track im like hell yeah this this is fun to drive on the street. If its a m6 or A4 these things are a blast to drive. A4's dont have to worry about the damn clutch slipping after alot of runs at the track.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have an A4 98 ta. I would say a auto is good for drag racing, but a 6 speed is more fun. I would hate to road race a a4 f-body.

my .02 autos are faster but 6spd are more fun.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm done. I've said my peace, and your view won't change neither will mine. I go to the track once or twice a month, but if someone wants to race on the street I will find a deserted area and go for it. That doesn't change.
Pretty true for the most part... although sometimes that jackass in his cobra flys by.... and its not even worth it. I'de rather keep my license, my car, and my money-but every once in a while since i live in the boondocks my friends and i will find a 1 mile + stretch of empty country road and give er the boot. We always have a finish line though, and it never gets out of control. Yup-that'd prob. be called street racing, i like to think of it as my own personal track though since its deserted and or marked off. For the most part i go to the track though. If your gunna street race keep it smart.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Default 6 Spd

Originally Posted by Gold Z
Manual transmissions impress high school kids, automatics win races.......screw the high school kids.
Got a stock 02 Z28 with a M6. Only mods are a K&N filter and skip shift eliminator. I raced a 99 WS6 A4 that had all the bolt ons at a local 1/8th mile track. He was faster and quicker than me, but I still beat him two times in a row. I beat him at the tree, and did some serious power shifting. A4 cars are cool too. It's all about having a good time.

Last edited by ClifZ28; 08-21-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

ALright. I am one of the guys you all are talking about. I can bang the gears pretty good. I would tease calling the autos fagmatics. Well after 7 clutches later and 2 T56's, I am currently installing a TH400 with a 4k N2O stall.
I am ******* done screwing around with these standards! **** breaks and gets real expensive. So I hope this A3 holds up. **** standards for racing. If yoiu are making cute power it is fine. But the logistics of a ton of pony is mind boggling at times.
I loved my T56......................for about 7 months.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ClifZ28
Got a stock 02 Z28 with a M6. Only mods are a K&N filter and skip shift eliminator. I raced a 99 WS6 A4 that had all the bolt ons at a local 1/8th mile track. He was faster and quicker than me, but I still beat him two times in a row. I beat him at the tree, and did some serious power shifting. A4 cars are cool too. It's all about having a good time.
So you beat him by reaction. (if he was paying attention to that)

I know that when I'm lined up with someone and I'm doing time trials or test n tune, I can care less about reaction. I'm paying attention to my rpms and how good the car is coming off the line (60').

Now if I know the person I'm lining up against, then it's different. I'll try to out tree em if I can.

If that car was faster and quicker than you, if you both got the same R/T, he would beat you every single time since the CAR was quicker AND faster.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
ALright. I am one of the guys you all are talking about. I can bang the gears pretty good. I would tease calling the autos fagmatics. Well after 7 clutches later and 2 T56's, I am currently installing a TH400 with a 4k N2O stall.
I am ******* done screwing around with these standards! **** breaks and gets real expensive. So I hope this A3 holds up. **** standards for racing. If yoiu are making cute power it is fine. But the logistics of a ton of pony is mind boggling at times.
The problem isn't that it was a manual, the problem is that it was stock.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
The problem isn't that it was a manual, the problem is that it was stock.

UUmmm agreed! But the clutches weren't. My second tranny I bought was supossed to be 1-4 forged. Turns out not so much. it too was stock. SO be careful when you buy crap here.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

my 95 camaro A4.... I love for the m6 guys to talk ****.... but go to the track and get a shity reaction time
Old 08-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
So you beat him by reaction. (if he was paying attention to that)

I know that when I'm lined up with someone and I'm doing time trials or test n tune, I can care less about reaction. I'm paying attention to my rpms and how good the car is coming off the line (60').

Now if I know the person I'm lining up against, then it's different. I'll try to out tree em if I can.

If that car was faster and quicker than you, if you both got the same R/T, he would beat you every single time since the CAR was quicker AND faster.
It was test and tune night. The first time we lined up it was just random. After I beat him the first time, he came up and asked me if I wanted to run again. We asked the guy in the staging lanes to let us run each other, and I beat him again. He had the faster car, and if he had a better reaction time he would have definately won no doubt. I just beat him at the tree both times.

Last edited by ClifZ28; 08-22-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:58 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
i like making cute power
Old 08-22-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah all the kids at my school are gay, They are all like dude why the hell did you get an auto?!?!?!??! When they them selves drive Grand prix's and stuff! And when ever you ask someone to race they are all like why would I do that you would kill me! Its just annoying how they criticize people and they have nothing near that level them selves!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ClifZ28
It was test and tune night. The first time we lined up it was just random. After I beat him the first time, he came up and asked me if I wanted to run again. We asked the guy in the staging lanes to let us run each other, and I beat him again. He had the faster car, and if he had a better reaction time he would have definately won no doubt. I just beat him at the tree both times.

Good runs

Quick Reply: "That car's hot, man... oh wait, too bad it's an Auto..."