Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help fluid pouring out overflow tube!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help fluid pouring out overflow tube!!!!

Hi guys, I'm new to the board. I need help on my 2000 SS Camaro with 92000 miles on it. The stock 4l60e started slipping & I bought a used tranny with 29000 miles on it. Anyway I put the tranny in & a new TCI 3500 converter & filled the fluid to the appropiate level but,when I drove the car the tranny started slipping after driving about 5 miles. After I came home I checked the fluid & it was barely on the dipstick. I then jacked the car up & leveled it off & filled it back up with fluid. I let the car run in drive for a few minutes & then the tranny just started pouring fluid out of the overflow tube!!!! I dont mean pouring because it is overfilled, I mean pouring until the fluid is barely showing on the dipstick!!!! I have a B&M transmission cooler & it shouldn't be clogged up, because I blew the trash out of the lines before I installed the tranny. I didn't change the fluid because, I didn't think I had to worry about it with the tranny just having 29000 miles on it.

Anyway, any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

Sounds to me like cross leaks... fliud under pressure getting into an area it shouldn't be How much fliud did it take to fill these two times?? Theres several things it could be but I dont think its something external, I'd bet the tranny has to come out...hope this helps ..Dave
Old 02-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Teching In

I figured that it might be internal but, thanks for the info. I have a warranty,so I will be taking it out to take it back.