Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M Hammer shifter

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M Hammer shifter

Anyone have any info on this shifter??? I want my stock shifter gone and a shift kit installed. I know everyone goes with Transgo, but I really want to get rid of the stock shifter.
What is this side note about on B&M's website though?
.......(* fits 4L60E & 4L80E with used with custom installation where an aftermarket controller is used to command the transmission. )
Help me out guys! Thanks!
Old 02-12-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Resident

I talked to B&M about putting a ratchet shifter in my car, stock tranny, and they told me that they don't make a shifter that'll work with the 4L60E. The only thing that I found you can do is to graft a shifter handle over top of the stock one, this is a thread I had going a while back about it https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/442474-hurst-shifter-4l60e.html. This thread also stated what a Helicoil is if you don't know https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/443034-what-exactly-helicoil.html. I think it looks cool how they have the Hurst Pistol Grip shifter handle where the stocker was but I think it would take some work and time to do. I've been doing research for a while but haven't found any easy solutions to changing out the stock shifter. I've heard that a few companies are working on a shifter for electronic trannies but none yet. If you try the aftermarket handle over the stock one good luck, if not hope you find something. I think I'm just gonna go with a 350 or 400 tranny so I can do what I want with controlling the trans and it be able to take it.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Hey, thanks a lot for the info! Most guys would have left this one blank. I'd definetely like to look into that helicoil....wish I could find a custom shop around here! Stock shifter is just too gay
Old 02-12-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, some of the aftermarket shifters look so much better, that's one of the reasons I'm thinking of going with an A3 setup. That and they are so much stronger. I've heard of people using Helicoils but haven't ever used them myself. If I end up keeping my stock tranny or get me a built one then I might try and see if I can put a shifter on it, just to see if I can do it. If you end up getting it done let me know cause I'd like to see it and know how they did it. Good luck.