Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raptor Blood

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Blood

Has anyone tried the "Raptor Blood" from http://www.4l60-e.com ? It says it is a full synthetic, but it says that it has the highest coefficient of friction available ANYWHERE! But it is almost $40 a gallon! I know that site sells really good products and I've heard that their Raptor transmissions only run "raptor blood" and if you run anything other than that in them they will void your warranty. But at the same time I don't know what that would do to your stock internals, would it help or hurt? Just didn't know if anybody has used it, and what they think of it before I go drop $100 on tranny fluid.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

their transmissions do not have a good reputation on here. As far as the fluid, you are probably much better off spending that same 100 bux on more frequent ATF changes than on the synthetic stuff. The tranny builders usually recommend plain old Dextron-III.
Hopefully a few of them from this site will chime in
Old 03-04-2006, 06:02 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes dextronIII
Old 03-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Restricted User

If you go with Amsoil, you cannot go wrong, as they have an excellent track record with their automatic transmission fluid.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:05 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

I have had one of their trannies for 3 years. They never told me anything about having to have the Raptor blood. Maybe their site has changed. When they shipped my tranny it was bone dry. If they are demanding you use their Blood then that is too bad. As a matter of fact that is the one of the lowest, retarded, marketing scheemes I have ever heard of. Do engine builders demand you use just their oil in their motors? I am going to have to visit their site again to check on this... But really I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my street / strip car.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Ok, I just visited their site which is huge and I did not see your claim anywhere about the warranty. I don't want to sound like a stooge for these guys but seriously if it is there then ok that is retarded. I think for the most part any supercalifragicexpealidocouis claim about one fluid over another is best left for the late nite infomercials to battle out. The outrageous claims lead people to believe that if they spend 5 times as much they'll never have to change the fluid again. How about just do regular maintenance and good ole' dextron 3 will do just fine?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Good old Dexron works just fine.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

One of my buddies said that he called them for a level 4 tranny for his truck and that was what they told them. I haven't seen it on their site or anything like that, but I was just wondering if that would help the clutches in a somewhat stock tranny grab a little longer than regular dexron III.

Quick Reply: Raptor Blood