Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M6 to TH400 experts inside please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 to TH400 experts inside please...

I've swapped out my M6 for a TH400 and also installing a new engine. My question is do I need to flash my PCM to even start the car?

The only reason why I am asking is that the clutch should be depressed to start the car. Since there is no clutch now, how does the car (or PCM) know that the clutch is pushed in?

I'm thinking that the only way the PCM knows that the clutch is depressed is through measuring the hydraulic pressure in the line. But since there is no pressure, does that mean that I need to reflash the PCM to allow the car to start?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No.
The easy way to do it is:
There is a push botton that the clutch pedal hits when you push it all the way down. You can put a zip tie around it so it is always pushed. or you can "jump" the switches wires to by pass it.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:26 PM
kp
8 Second Club

best thing to do is run those two wires on the clutch switch to the neutral safety switch on the shifter - kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak since some tracks will check for a neutral switch..

Once you take the clutch master out the clutch pedal will over center anyway and stay on the floor if the spring isnt broke.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
best thing to do is run those two wires on the clutch switch to the neutral safety switch on the shifter - kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak since some tracks will check for a neutral switch..

Once you take the clutch master out the clutch pedal will over center anyway and stay on the floor if the spring isnt broke.
COOL

Thats what I'll do. thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp

Good thinkin. i just rewired my entire car but i'll start doing that on the cars i do swaps for. thanx.