Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e Question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e Question?

Is there anything outside of the transmission itself that could cause it to destroy 3-4 clutches. I've already had someone look at my tune to ensure there was nothing damaging there.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned

wow....there are 8-11 external (to the transmission) controllers that have an effect on line pressure which has an effect on the 3/4 clutches...could be several things...hope this helps Dave
Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Banned

Who's building your tranny?Hope it's not AAMCO! I would probably look to see how the trans is being built. No cross leaks to start with. If it's all tight, look into tuning and engine misfires.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well,

It's not AAMCO. What I'm concerned about is I bought a new GM trans and I want to make sure there isn't anything outside the trans, cooler, converter that could cause a failure. I've already had a reputable LS1 tuner from the area look at the tune and everything appears to be ok, nothing much more than stock.

Rock-On,

What should I look for?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Banned

In short you should be sure you have proper line rise...you'll need a manual pressure gage to do the test...Take it to a tranny shop after the install and have them check for proper line pressure...cost alittle money up front.... but will save you in the long run...hope this helps Dave
Old 04-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rock-On
In short you should be sure you have proper line rise...you'll need a manual pressure gage to do the test...Take it to a tranny shop after the install and have them check for proper line pressure...cost alittle money up front.... but will save you in the long run...hope this helps Dave

Is line pressure rise controlled by the PCM?