Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TransGo or B&M Shift Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TransGo or B&M Shift Kit?

I know I know, search on the topic, but i didn't really find all the info i was looking for. In the forums i did notice a biased liking towards the transgo kit. I was wondering what makes the transgo kit superior to the b&m? does the transgo kit come with something the b&m doesn't or is it just better-made? i also would like to know which kit would give good daily drivability; i'm looking for a firm shift but i don't want to be breaking the tires loose everywhere i go under normal driving. This might sound like a stupid question but how much time, if any at all, can i drop in my quarter mile by installing this shift kit in my transmission, which is presently bone stock. my fastest time so far is a 14.3 at 97 (elevation is about 5000). i have pacesetter LT's, tsp True duals, SLP lid, smooth bellows, TB coolant bypass, and EGR intake pipe trimmed

one last question... is the B&M electrinic shift improver worth th 40 bucks? is it goona help me a noticable amount and how does it improve shifts ,up the line pressure, or does it do more than that?

Here's the links to the products:
TransGo
B&M Transpak
B&M electrinic shift improver

Thanks in advance for any comments!!

mike
Old 05-18-2006, 10:16 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trans Go HD-2 kit here.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

alright, one for transgo...
Old 05-18-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Most if not all professional builders will agree for a 4l60e transgo is the way to go
Old 05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

thats two for transgo, is there anyone that has anything to say about B&M? i thought that their stuff was somewhat decent??? any opinions
Old 05-19-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

I had the B&M Stage 2 kit in my '95 TA. It kicked like a mule. My car was only a mild bolt-on car and at wot, it would break the tires loose kicking into 2nd. It felt stock until about half to wot though. It seemed to be a nice kit for the price I got it for, I really liked it. Most of the people will favor the Transgo kits because they allow you more control of the transmission. With the Transgo kits you can set it up so it'll hold the gears until whenever you want it to shift. You are correct on the shift improver kit, it ups the line pressure and in turn gives harder shifts.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

I just had a trans go shift kit installed, havent gotten the car back yet though..
Old 05-19-2006, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

alright! thanks for all the replies guys!! thanks for answering my questions moutnain motor, it really helped me decide what i want to end up getting. i'll prob order monday when i get paid... i'll let you know how it works out. thanks again, you guys are a huge help!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

No problem, have fun with what you get

Quick Reply: TransGo or B&M Shift Kit?