Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vigilante or Fuddle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Precision Industries offers a 2 year warranty that covers all manufacturing defects and even offers one free restall to any speed you want for those two years. I personally have seen alot of converters from other manufacturers fail alot more often than Precisions and the majority we installed were Precision converters.

Just remember that while the manufacturer will cover when their converter dies they wont cover when it kills your transmission along with it. Better to pay more for a better converter then a cheaper converter and trans repairs.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with him.

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Go Vigilante! You get what you pay for. The best Converter and best warranty.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Ok Fuddle is cheaper yes, But i dont hear anymore problems from there conv vs anyother which tells me they are a damn good conv for the money. Im not bashing anyones conv but i think Fuddle should get more respect than it is in here.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
how about better reliablity, a quicker 60', more mph, and less heat ... that swhat a better converter could offer

but i have to admit i personally don't like yank.. yea they can build a good converter but they have also proven to be unreliable (at building a good converter) everybody son forgets the big mess they had less than a year ago.. also i still see plenty of people complaining about their trannys going after yank swaps

to me tci is a reliable and proven choice for a solid converter at a fair price

put another way tci has a great track reccord, great cust service, and great prices

everybody else may be good now and then but its not too often that i hear someone say their tci was built deffective

if there was no tci then id choose vig but i think fuddle and yank would be my last chioces.. fuddle beacuse their a budget converter and yank because i'v had a bad expirence with them and read way too many horror storied to justify the occasional die hard's bragging fest

how do you say that fuddle is a budget converter....
better 60's and better reliablity and better CS
cant ask for better
Old 05-30-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Fuddles not really budget compared to others when youre looking at thier top of the line converters correct?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

read all the post from people who bought a fuddle, no one has complained
Old 05-30-2006, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

More like you get more than you pay for with a Fuddle.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

thats not true...
you get better for the price than you do for 950 dallor converters

I know guys who switched and havent been happier
just a better converter period
Old 05-30-2006, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

I went with a Vig 3200, my buddy went 1.47 60' and 11.00 N/A with it.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

there is no fair converter comparison or "my buddy did this.." story unless the SAME car got 2 different brand converters of the same advertised stall speed, no other changes made.

you can make a car with a 3000 stall 60' 1.5, and make another car with a 4400 stall 60' 1.5...there are MANY factors involved in produced a 60', mainly i think WEIGHT plays a larger role than converter size/brand.

it's funny how EVERY converter thread results in a fuddle bashing. get over it, people. "buy the best and most expensive, it's the best because it is the most expensive" some of fuddle's converters are less expensive, so what? find something else to nitpick, this story is getting old.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Launching!

I have yet to see a horror story about Fuddle as opposed to these overpriced others. By the way has anyone who bashes the Fuddle ever been to their site and checked out their specs, especially the clutches they use?
Old 05-30-2006, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

To many defensive people that don't like other opinions here is how I'm seeing it. I doubt anyone here even knows what goes into building a converter or why one is more expensive than another.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DanZ28
To many defensive people that don't like other opinions here is how I'm seeing it. I doubt anyone here even knows what goes into building a converter or why one is more expensive than another.
Would you mind chimeing in because I need a converter and I started this thread looking for advice. So far I've not gotten any clear response to what may be the best way to go. Just a bunch of "my converter is better than your converter" stories.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

I just ran a 10.86 1.5-60' with my Fuddle 3800, what can I say I am happy with mine.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:23 AM
TECH Addict

Everyone 95% of the time is going to stick by the one they have regardless. Instead of people bashing what they dont or havent tried I feel it would be more helpfull if they talk about what they have. As for Fuddle, I dont see how one month everyone praises them then the next everyone is against them not because the product is no good but simply because the price is low, how wild is that.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:20 AM
24v
11 Second Club

I am not going to bash any company here. That said, I have a fuddle. I could not be happier with my choice. John took the time to talk to me on his cell phone, after hours to help me choose a converter. That was after I told him I would not be buying it right away. A few months later I bought it, and recieved great service during, and after the sale. It has been one of my best mods imho. Would I have been as happy with a yank, or vig? Sure, why not. From what I have read, and heard, they are great converters as well. I know a few people personally that run vig converters, and love them. I do not personally know anyone with a yank, but quite a few people here have them. For me, my decision came down to getting the most for my $. I think fuddle fit me well in that aspect. I did not have a bunch of extra cash to spend on a converter, and the fuddle was within my budget.
Just my .02
Old 05-31-2006, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

My advice to you is not listen to the bashing call each company and see what they have to say alot of people i know have Vig and love it but for the quality and price i dont see why you wouldnt go with Fuddle most everyone that puts one in loves it. I spray a 200 shot on mine and no problems your going to be happy no matter which conv you go with your pocket will just be lighter with some.

Originally Posted by LS1 Eddie
Would you mind chimeing in because I need a converter and I started this thread looking for advice. So far I've not gotten any clear response to what may be the best way to go. Just a bunch of "my converter is better than your converter" stories.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had a vig for over 30K trouble free miles. Tons of track passes and street runs. Had it inspected a year ago, it was like new inside. I'm not running any real power though.

FWIW, a lot of these big single turbo Supras are running the Vig. Most big shops recommend them, a few local sponsors do too.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by seadoo
thats not true...
you get better for the price than you do for 950 dallor converters

I know guys who switched and havent been happier
just a better converter period
Yank can make any converter Fuddle can with new parts and better effiency. You can try and convince yourself all you want that Fuddle is superior for less $ but at the end of the day the only one fooled is yourself.

This was a quote from Yank in a thread I was in awhile back:

Originally Posted by Yank
darrensls1

Yank was the first in the LS-1 market, we built GM powertrain converters for the camaro test mule cars running the ls1 engine and the converters we designed to work best in all driving conditions it was our Y3000 this was in 1996.
Tci started building LS1 converters in 2000 and Fuddle in late 2004 and Percision in late 1998
So we have built to date more than 5000 LS-1 converters alone! more than any converter co.
We have been testing designs for a long time and you are correct that you can get close to the same times from a lower priced units, as many of our converters have been looked at over the years and copied, but the MPH is the real story.
The same as you can run a stock shortblock and go as fast as a forged unit but it is for How long and how often till it self destroys!

We allow you 2 years to try to destroy our unit not 90 days or 1 year
and our overall warrenty rate is at .3 % this is Very low
We will have NEW pricing that will blow you away!
do not buy anything till you see listed on our site sometime next week

and here is one of many letters we get about our product and it is from a person that has tested lot of converters of all makes( inc. ones listed above)

http://www.converter.cc/testimonials...sh/patgish.htm

Thanks
Now someone previously said something like just because yank says it doesn't make it true. Well if it was so false then wouldn't TCI, Midwest, PI, Fuddle and any one else who makes converters call them out on it? Fact is that they can't call Yank out because yank is not lying about thier products effiency or high quality.

Bottom line is TCI, Midwest & Fuddle all make great converters that can drop a stock LS1s ET by half a second. But Yank makes thiers to drop that same half a second (if not a tenth more) while eating less HP thus allowing your trap speed to be higher.

I'm happy as hell with my TCI. But when I go to a TH400 I hope to be even happier with a Yank.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=s346k]there is no fair converter comparison or "my buddy did this.." story unless the SAME car got 2 different brand converters of the same advertised stall speed, no other changes made.

what your talking about above is just what I done same car same track the following weekend same et street and even the temp was within 10 degree's
Fuddle 4000 best 60' 1.76
Yank 4000 best 60' 1.55
fuddle best 1/8 7.24 94mph
yank best 1/8 7.02 100mph
but like most of you say just get what you feel comfortable with there's good and bad in all if not there wouldn't be but one kind!!!!

Quick Reply: Vigilante or Fuddle?