Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weight difference in transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im having a 4l60e built by john goebel right now should i have him do a 80e???
Old 07-16-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeltaT
I can't imagine having a manual shift automatic in a street-driven car. Maybe it's just me but I would get sick of that after like 2 weeks. The only draw to the Raptor is that you don't need expensive electronics, but then you have manual-only shift and your lose all the great programmability of the 80E. And at that price, you're not even saving a real lot of money in the overall project total.

Jim

My Site: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html

I have a reverse manual valve body in my TH400 and I have to say I love it to death. Having the ability to shift when I want makes all the difference to me.
Programability is fine but I know when I want to shift and the computers can be kinda quirky about that.
700 HP and a manual shifted 80E sounds like heaven to me. You have to be paying attention to what your doing though thats for sure.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by revtime
I have a reverse manual valve body in my TH400 and I have to say I love it to death. Having the ability to shift when I want makes all the difference to me.
Programability is fine but I know when I want to shift and the computers can be kinda quirky about that.
700 HP and a manual shifted 80E sounds like heaven to me. You have to be paying attention to what your doing though thats for sure.
I agree, I am going to put a TH400 in the car and dont know whether or not I want to do full manual on it. Why would you get tired of it? Its like having a 6 speed with less than half the shifts and not clutch. Best of both words, IMO. If I were doing a 4L80 it would be full manual and lose all the electronics.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Teching In

I weighed my 4L60E when i shipped it out to CPT for a build up and it weighed in at 136Lbs and that was after I drained all the oil, and with out the converter.

Quick Reply: weight difference in transmissions