Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried this 4L60E mod yet? let me know what happened

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone tried this 4L60E mod yet? let me know what happened

Please..

I found this post on LS1.com and yes I'm going to try it when I get some time.
I'm also going to ask my local tranny guy about it, and also about splicing the T and U wire terminals on the tranny harness to bypass the pulse-width-modulator solenoid.

If you want to improve your tranny's shifting check out this post from a user named "stang-tamer" from the LS1 dot com board. If you want to see the whole thread go to their site and do a search on his name.

"Firmer Shifts-A4.. FREEEE MOD!!!
Put this one in the free mod section...... While talking to a friend of mine about my tranny problems he advised me to change the fluid and there is a solinoid on the back of the passenger side that has an electrical conector on it. Take the connector off, and there is a cap that has 3 bolts on it right behind the solinoid remove this but be careful and don't flip it over (components may fall out, bad thing) take a star head socket and tighten the screw in the middle of the solinoid only about an 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn, but make sure not to tighten anymore than that or it could cause some tranny problems. put everything back on and you will notice a big difference in your shifts. Turn a little and you'll tel a little bit of difference, turn a little less than 1/4 of a turn and it'll bark em pretty good when the gears change. I did mine about 1/8 of a turn and it is right on the edge of breaking the tires loose. I think i need some sub-frame connectors now!

By the way this info was provided by a Tranny Shop owner."
Old 05-30-2002, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Has anyone tried this 4L60E mod yet? let me know what happened

I have heard this too but have not tried it, my source build trans and said the same thing...I am tired of this electronic POS so i am going to A3 eventually.

But i have a dinosaur, LT1...
Old 05-31-2002, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

yeah i did this. you are adjusting the pressure on the main line pressure solenoid. its just like the instructions say, you drop the pan and remove that big accumulator in the corner (i have no idea of the technical name of it, i didnt look it up) and pull the connector off the back of the main line pressure solenoid to get to the adjustment screw (t-15 torx i think) i turned mine somewhere in between 1/8 and 1/4. made some difference, shifts a little firmer and quicker, it used to flop in the 2-3 shifts sometimes before i did this, but not anymore. the purpose of this solenoid is to adjust the line pressure as the various clutch packs in the tranny wear over time so its not like it wasnt designed for this ya know?

<small>[ May 31, 2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: fatboy ]</small>
Old 06-03-2002, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you very much!