Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank SS3600....WOW

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by losiguy
www.converter.cc is Yanks website, I just purchased off their. All togethor after shipping the converter was 725$ and install was 250$ and the trans cooler from B&M was 59$...WORTH EVERY PENNY.

A Trans Cooler is strongly reccomended. If I would have known a converter could make this much of a difference I would of bought it before exhaust, even before a new drop in airfilter. I love this thing!!
Who installed it for you?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Glad to hear you like it! Now drop a big ole fat cam in there!
Old 10-21-2006, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

did the converter mess up your shift points at all? does it seem fine without the tune? I think this is the converter im gonna go for but i don't really want to tune until i get more performance and tune it all at once
Old 10-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Launching!

I'm a iffy about getting a stall converter, I like the low end torque and light tap on the gas to get your moving.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Formula_X
I'm a iffy about getting a stall converter, I like the low end torque and light tap on the gas to get your moving.
I guess after all these testimonials you are not convinced?It is one of the best mods you can do and definitely one you can really feel. Takes a bit of getting used to but it will make your car faster in the powerband that the LS1
likes. I gave away my stock converter as there is no going back
Old 10-22-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Formula_X
With this converter, your first impression is going to be that it takes a little more pedal to get moving because it slips. However you soon get used to it, and you will find that giving it just a "little" more makes it rip right along. It really gets up and goes faster than the stock converter even if you are only at 1/2 throttle. But there is that initial slip with very low throttle that you need to get used to.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you had your car tuned since install or is it fine? I just have bolt ons and I am planning on getting the Yank SS3600 and some subframe connectors at the same time. I was wondering if your car is fine without the tune?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mz6j3y
I have a 98WS6, I would love to get a Yank SS3600 installed, where is the best place and price to purchase? Also, will I need a Trans Cooler installed for sure?
Yeah, I believe Yank's site is the only place you'll be able to buy one, and yeah, a cooler is a must. If you have any reserve about getting a that stall come on over to the N.W. side of GR and i'll make up your mind
Old 10-23-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Have you had your car tuned since install or is it fine? I just have bolt ons and I am planning on getting the Yank SS3600 and some subframe connectors at the same time. I was wondering if your car is fine without the tune?
I never got mine tuned and it's just fine. There are a few minor issues like occasionally hitting the rev-limiter and some surge when i'm going very slow while turning the wheel (like in a parking lot) and after a year it's only stalled on me maybe 4-5 times. The only reason I don't have it tuned yet is because I plan on doing LT's soon, so i'm just going to wait untill I really screw up the computer to shell out the money for a tune and it's very liveable the way it is.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Wow! After reading this thread I'm super siked. My ss3600 should be here in a week.

Can't wait to get this in the 05 GTO.