Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle is a new sponsor on the Corvette Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
He is just on his second wave of scamming people. He stayed here until he tricked everyone he could and had to skip town. Now, he is preying on them. Be warned of other new sponsors who might even be lurking in this fourm as we speak. You ALWAYS get what you pay for. LS1 Tech would make anyone a sponsor as long as they have the cash in hand.
SixSpeed, not picking on you but this is good for putting in my 2¢, just hope it gets to other newer members:
I am not paid nor compensated for spending WEEKS contacting sponsors who have complaints as of late including Fuddle. ProStockJohn is my upchain and I have to bug him and his time to help me get some things resolved, he isn't paid either. None of us are yet we all spend the time to make sure members are not getting ripped off or settled up.

As soon as any sponsor starts to go sideways they are taken off as a sponsor. They may have paid for their ads but too bad, that doesn't matter, clearing up orders does. They can ask to be let back on but Admin has made the call that no, there needs to be time to see if that sponsor really is interested in the members HERE and making things right first. Even then its still a 'watch and see' thing.

There have been those who have asked for a sponsor packet and not endorsed. Admin can see a potential disaster and will try to avoid that which is also why you will see moderators strip non-sponsor links because they are scammers. We all watch other sites to see whats up and those that aren't sponsors but try to get someone to post for them are typically not good with customer service, have little to no accumen in business, have no stock or actual shop.

Yes, we took some hard hits this summer from previously solid sponsors and it has made everyone skittish though this whole bandwagon jumping is un-needed. If a sponsor is allowed back - trust me - they went through trial by fire to get it.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
That is what kills me. So many people say he is a stand-up guy even after all the excuses, long-waits, product failures, and repetitive lies. They had to practically beg him to send out another converter and he only did so to make more sales possible and for keep him from being beat. His website is totally bogus and supplies no contact info. That is probably because you are more likey to find him in a resturant serving food than a rebuilders shop. The infamous HP line of converters he kept researching cough was all just hype. He never did any research. He just bought a different brand of converters to sell to people and held them for awhile drumming up research. He never even tried to hide it as if you looked at the boxes his product came in it had a different manufacturers name on it with just a sticker over it.

If people only knew the thruth about him he would not be alive today.
Thats what happened to be and I belive to this day.........I waited for 4 months and when my tranny finally got here I got pissed and called and what ya know the tc came the next week........but the box did'nt have fuddle anywhere on it so I callled after seeing all the post about how great it was and then after seeing the one I got would'nt even hold on spray......now I took out a very good yank that has been in my car since early2000 with many runs on it.It had only been out once to be refreshed but it never missed a lick and its back in and still performs great...Thxs. Yankl
I will say this when I called if they had told me it was'nt one of there's but they were flocked or something that would have been ok just be straight!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
John how did your converter break? What did the repair cost you? If you had the opportunity to get some compensation from Fuddle, what would you seek?

ADMIN
How did it break? well.. from the get go I was not super happy with the stall. it was a 3400 installed with an FLT tranny and a basic tune at Speed Inc. Lockup was horrid and clunky and I remember Larry saying Jim spent some time with the tune trying to get it straight. I left it at that for a month or so then I called Fuddle and left a message.. never heard back sent an email and his email was full. Then the converter started getting worse and chattering. I tried to call and email a couple times with the same results. Many.. many other people could not get ahold of him either so I just planed on having Speed put a Vig instead after I had finished a business trip and a vacation and only drove the car short trips taking it easy nothing over 45mph.

I put around 50 miles after it started to chatter really bad and I had no choice and drove it to work on a sat about a 40 mile trip total. I was driving down 53 with the cruise control on about 65mph. As I came to the bottom of a slight dip the car started to shake with the engine RPM really bad. I shut off the cruise control and eased into the gas and it felt like the trans was slipping or someihtng but there were never any codes thrown. Then got even more unbalanced feeling and I lost all power to the rear wheels. I Idled to the next off ramp and shut it down. I had it towed to Speed and they put in the Vig and sent the Trans to FLT.

I was not happy at all with Fuddle at all and just wanted the car to run right and didn't care to even ask questions because It looked like Fuddle was never going to return anyhow. Speed inc or FLT might know more about the details I only remember the input shaft was snaped.

I know there will be those that will claim that it was the FLT trans's fault or the fact that I drove it when then converter was gong bad. Yes it could be... problem is there is no way of ever knowing but with the problems I had leading to the failure with the lockup and the fact that the trans never made a sound.. never shifted funny and broke with the cruise control on? I'd point to the converter.

Anyways the cost for the labor, Vig 3600, and FLT's cost fixing the trans was... $1284.99 and another $130 more for the towing. As far as compensation I don't know at this point. I'd love to get money back on the deal... not even all of it just somehting but I know the prevailing excuse and the resounding backlash from the fuddle worshipers on this board will be the Trans failed and there is no way to prove anyhintg anyhow.

It would be nice for Fuddle to come forward on the board and say what happened instead of letting the Rumor mill fly here. Ive heard everyhitng from supply problems, financial issues, severe illness, friend or family death, Alien abductions, jail. blah.. blah. Its just silly.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
It would be nice for Fuddle to come forward on the board and say what happened instead of letting the Rumor mill fly here. Ive heard everyhitng from supply problems, financial issues, severe illness, friend or family death, Alien abductions, jail. blah.. blah. Its just silly.
Spider bite.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
John, I just gave your comcast email addy to John @ Fuddle over the phone. He wants to talk to you.

We are going to let them come back on, but if anyone has an old warranty issue that needs atttention please pm Gearhed or myself so we can pursue it.

ADMIN

Ahhh. cool.. I didn't read the whole thread until now. We'll see what happens.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:36 PM
JUICED96Z

Right now I have a new Fuddle stall in my garage.

From talking to him he seems like stand up guy and it seems that all the people that wanted warrenty work done he took care of so the people that say he scamed people have nothing to stand on because scamers run and don't take care of warrenty work.

My only issue with Fuddle is this and I have told them this not to long ago is..

From a customer service end of things for them right now its SUCKS DONKEY ***** if you asked me. My stall went out a full week after they said it would. It took at least one voice mail and a PM not to mention MULTIPLE calls just to get a response. They did right back a very nice PM admiting fault and said they were sorry.

Now when you do get a hold of them on the phone John is a great help. He talked to me for a good 30 minutes.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
8 Second Club

Put it this way-today I talke to Dave at Yank and the other to Jack at Vig-no offence to either of them but the conversation wasn't enought to drop my CC on. NOW I want to to talk to Mike at Yank but he's at a different #, i remeber the first time i talked to Mike he convinced me that his Yank was better than the Vig i was using-he had me sold-trade in my converter for his Yank and it did exactly as he said. I don't know John personally so I'm not going to say anyhting about him-but i think he should resolve all issues past but both buyer and vendor have to be fair-sometimes people don't see it this way. I need a stall for my car-i'm willing to pay more-but- I'm looking for personalized service and for someone to stand behind the product.
Mike S at Yank if your reading this or John-send me a email.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

From what I reading in the various forums , I would suggest calling him , He may ot be able to do something for you right that second but if you have issues he may be abl to hlp you in some way , I was noticing post that he is working with some people just a little FYI since I spend time on multiple forums

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-16-2006, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i know he may not have the best rep on this board but He always helped me out. but i just call his shop he does not know me by the forum

recently I had my 3400 started to make noise when locking up, well I gave John a call and asked if could get another convertor and a restall.
I sent my 3400 in and got my 3600 in 4 days later. I only had to pay to ship my old one back. I have not put it back in I had some minor problems with my transmission in the third gear and come to find out it was nothing to do with the convertor.

So I'm pleased with Fuddle racing so far.
my 3400 kicked *** on 60 fts i even pulled the front tires off the ground with just bolt ons

Last edited by ncd1966; 11-16-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont fuddle around.... jus yank it!!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

those of us who have women don't need to yank it.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have had two fuddle converters. if he gets his business back together where it was, he will again be the internet darling and everyone will love them.

i just went 1.3 60' last night in a 3600 lbs street car on radials. the converter works pretty damn well.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Admin can see a potential disaster and will try to avoid that which is also why you will see moderators strip non-sponsor links because they are scammers. We all watch other sites to see whats up and those that aren't sponsors but try to get someone to post for them are typically not good with customer service, have little to no accumen in business, have no stock or actual shop.

Hey GearHed:

Thanks for watching out for all of us
Old 11-18-2006, 03:59 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
i have had two fuddle converters. if he gets his business back together where it was, he will again be the internet darling and everyone will love them.

i just went 1.3 60' last night in a 3600 lbs street car on radials. the converter works pretty damn well.

No way. Did you just credit fuddle?

Nasty.

Car is moving though gator. Lighten er' up a bit. lol

Tony.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

The point of this thread has been made and it is done. I'm going to stick it for a few weeks so people know where we stand on the issue and where to post if they need fuddle to contact them.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

time for this to sink...