Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH400 shifting compared to TH350??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1408cp
I see alot of people get burned by local builders. Thats why I ordered mine from tci. It is also forsale.

You never know. A good friend of mine ordered a TH-350 from TCI. It lasted for less than two weeks behind A low boost 350 with a cam, stock heads, and a 3000 converter. He ordered a book, a video and a rebuild kit and rebuilt it himself. That was the first time he had ever saw inside of an automatic transmission, but that was five years ago and it's still going strong.

I'm not saying that TCI builds a bad transmission. The TH-350 and TH-400 have been used in race cars for so long that most areas should have a competent builder. It would be much easier to deal with a local builder if something does go wrong. Especially when their reputation and livlihood on the line.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1408cp
I see alot of people get burned by local builders. Thats why I ordered mine from tci. It is also forsale.

Well, I know he will stand behind his work. It is just a matter of pulling it out and taking it to him. I am going to try to get with him so he can ride with me to see what it is doing.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most tci trannys DONT have the upgraded parts in them that are needed to handle power.
if you dont order their competition unit, or a custom built one from them, the sizzler, street fighter, and super street fighter arent going to hold up in a cammed or headed ls1.

if its only lagging on the shifts on WOT, id say there is a line pressure problem. possibly a weak front pump, or something jacked up in the valve body.
good luck.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Second Club

that why I bought the competition unit