Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoids stuck? can they be replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Solenoids stuck open after new stall?

My car has been acting funny for a couple of weeks,
it's had a 3200 Fuddle stall for about 6 months and it's only now doing this,
it'll throw a P0757 code which Autozone said it read that 2 solenoids were stuck open.
I am somewhat ruling out the tuning issue because it just started doing this now,and I've had this tune for months,
so it is possible to replace just these 2 solenoinds and how much does that typically run?

pat

Last edited by z28pat; 01-14-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

you need to replace shift solenoid B but I would replace both they are not expensive and easily changed by just dropping pan

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-15-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28pat
My car has been acting funny for a couple of weeks,
it's had a 3200 Fuddle stall for about 6 months and it's only now doing this,
it'll throw a P0757 code which Autozone said it read that 2 solenoids were stuck open.
I am somewhat ruling out the tuning issue because it just started doing this now,and I've had this tune for months,
so it is possible to replace just these 2 solenoinds and how much does that typically run?

pat
What kinda problems were you encountering?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What kinda problems were you encountering?
The SES light would come on and the car won't shift out of 3rd gear, but when I shut the car off, the car will go back to normal.

you need to replace shift solenoid B but I would replace both they are not expensive and easily changed by just dropping pan
What makes these solenoids go back, the stall, spray, combination of both?

pat
Old 01-16-2007, 10:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

none of the above they just fail sometimes, be sure and note if thees any trash in pan when you change them if you need help with info installing them once you drop the pan just give us a call

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car did the same thing today. i think the shift solenoids are stuck open. i am gonna run by autozone to get the codes scanned. the car is real sluggish from a stop and wont shift into od.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

SOMe WS6 Its sluggish and has no OD because the car is in limp mode. The tranny stays in 3rd gear all the time even from a standstill and has no lockup.

I've been told that a 3200+rpm converter can throw the code and that if it comes on once in a great while its not a problem. I've had it happen to mine once after the stall. I just cleared the code and I've never had it come up again. If you clear it and it keeps comming up or you have the stock or small stall.. then I'd look into it.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

I have had the same problem before. It should up months after my tune and I went back and got it tuned out. Mine did drive in limp mode. Haven't had any problems yet.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

i parked the car and let it sit. then drove it again and it drove fine, but the light is still on. do i need to get it cleared? or will it cycle itself out?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eventually the code will go away and be stored in history for a period of time if indeed there is not a faulty solenoid. The PCM has placed this issue into a "pending" state. Meaning that the controller is waiting for the same driving conditions... tps % or volts, engine load, vehicle speed, engine temp, etc... all of those add up to the driving conditions when the code was set. It could be difficult to duplicate those conditions.

I would consider clearing the codes before replacing the solenoids. However, it is highly possible that there is an intermittant operation of one of the shift solenoids and the symptoms will reappear. Thats the nature of OBDII systems... without actually seeing the set conditions by looking at a freeze frame it is hard to know for sure what caused your symptoms. Trouble codes or DTC's are just that, the computers way of pointing a finger at a component or a system that did not operate properly when it was commanded to. That code does not necessarily mean that there is a failed part but that at least one of the set conditions were met.

g