Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportline springs + Rain = Wet tranny!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007 | 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

Default Sportline springs + Rain = Wet tranny!!!!!

Well I had to make an appointment today and it was pouring rain outside. I am cruising down the highway and exit on to some nasty streets and am forced to drive through deep waters. I could just hear all the rocks and **** hitting my undercarriage and I was thinking man my transmission must be getting soaked right now!

Well, sure enough my SES light comes on and my tranny starts acting up. It would just lock in to gear and bog down a bit until I gave it gas. Then the SES light starts blinking and I'm shitting bricks. Well, I'm still on the road at a light and can't really pull over. Then the car starts driving fine again. I check my gauges, everything seems fine in the motor. So I park the car, not being too worried, and start it up again about 30 minutes later after the appt.

Car starts fine, tranny feels fine, everything seems ok. I shifted through gears and feathered the pedal through each one to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary. My tranny felt fine all the way home.

Did my tranny just get soaking wet from all the rain and my car being so low to the splashing waters? What kind of damage could that cause? Did a sensor just get wet or something and cause the tranny to freak out for a bit? I've never had a problem with it before. It's a fully built 4L60E, made Ford tough! Not really but this really freaked me out today. Any ideas?

The tranny has also thrown a bullshit SES code for the 1-2 shift solenoid before. Had it checked and it was fine. Help!
Old 04-30-2007 | 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

ttttt
Old 05-02-2007 | 01:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

If it working fine now all is probabaly fine , I have seen water get into the trans connector and make all sorts of odd things happen in our 4X4 heavy hauler units.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:26 AM
11 Second Club

You probably got your o2's wet, which can even cause a misfire code and disable lockup on the tranny, not to mention F w/ A/F. Best advice is not to drive through deep water.

SES code's are common with a loose converter and can make you stuck in 2nd while it's active. I forget the DTC # but if it's the shift selenoid one it can be deleted.

Your probably fine though.
Old 05-02-2007 | 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Flashing SES indicates a mis-fire. It's probably not your transmission.