Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car will not 60 at all with my converter is it wrong for my ap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go down on your pressure to 15 psi and do a good burnout. Make sure you are not sitting in the water box also. Pull out of the water a little. Do you have a line lock? If so, set it and shift from first to second during the burnout. Make sure you are getting some good smoke from the tires. My burnout plays a big part in my 60'. Don't change any of your combo until you are for sure the cam and converter are the culprit.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your tune sucks if it falls on it's face.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan
Have you had your car on the Dyno? I am curious as to what kind of HP you have..I am at 335rw, I trap at about 109-110 with the LS6 cam at about 1500ft Altitude..About 103-104 at 4500 D/A..Your traps sound low..Something else is wrong besides the gears..your cam & converter should make up a little bit for the lack of gear..Or the converter & cam are mis-matched..To much cam for the verter or vise versa? I launch off Idle, try doing all different things to get it to 60'..I hear a lot of guys launching at 2300, might be the sweet spot. It could be those fat *** 15x10's you are running..doesn't that even raise the gear ratio more? You might be closer to a 2.73 with those tires & that ultimately could be the problem
Wheel size has nothing to do with it. It has to do with overall height of the tire, ie 26" or 28". He's running a 275/50/15 which is a 26" tire.

1) I'm thinking that you have a tight converter. I bet a little shot would really wake the thing up.
2) Even with your bad 60', you're times seem way off. Unless you're running in some crazy high DA. You should be trapping at least 114 mph.

I have the same rims and tires. Stock cam, stock suspension, but 3.42s and I'm going 1.60-1.62 on motor all day long. I'm running ~20 psi. The radials like tire pressure. On motor, I launch around 3000+ rpms. Car hooks great. IMO, you should be launching at around 3000-3200 rpms and if the car isn't hooking then you need to address your suspension. Invest in some relocation brackets, LCAs, and SFCs. (I still need to do that myself)
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NXZ28
Go down on your pressure to 15 psi and do a good burnout. Make sure you are not sitting in the water box also. Pull out of the water a little. Do you have a line lock? If so, set it and shift from first to second during the burnout. Make sure you are getting some good smoke from the tires. My burnout plays a big part in my 60'. Don't change any of your combo until you are for sure the cam and converter are the culprit.

I do this to a T every time I race it.

The car has subframes, no front sway bar but stock rear suspension.

All I can think is this thing is not making any power...... It was tunned by a advertiser on here so it should be good.
This same converter was behind my 422 in my other car with zero suspension and just a deleted sway bar and only cut 1.6's....... Maybe a combo of a tight converter and a poor cam choice. I am pretty bummed about this and getting burnt out.... The car should have picked up a ton from a 12.60 time stock.....