Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 4L80E Yank Conversion..where is Mke??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5 4L80E Yank Conversion..where is Mke??

Does anyone know where to reach Mike from Yank Converter. I sent him 5000.00 for the C5 4L80E conversion 3+ months ago....told 4 weeks max for completion. I sent a core trans and my torque tube......plus sold my 4L60E stuff..cheap

I have emailed him and call / left messages 5 plus times over the past 3 weeks with absolutly no response...

I am very frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke to Dave at Yank who had only 1 number???? the one I have ...no answer..

Can someone help me locate him or I will put in a claim with Paypal

Tom Ulrich
Old 07-03-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Veteran

The guy making the bellhousing, Terry, is in Hawaii. The tranny is DONE and waiting on the bellhousing. I checked up on it personally.

Sorry for your frusteration. You will get your 4L80 kit. I have had to wait a while myself, sometimes. That is just how custom work ends up when people decide to take vacations on you. This problem is not being overlooked.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

2002-z28......is that you Mike?

If so last time we talked you said he was going to have them done in 2 weeks.....now he is in Hawaii......when is he expected back? When did he tell you they would be completed? I would personally look for a different machine person.

I understand that long wait times can be part of the custom business...I know I waited a year for my turbo setup......BUT

You need to follow up with people...especially when they call/email.

I just wanted some feedback and following as to what was going on..

Not trying to be a pain or a jerk or bash you...I still look forward to getting and using this conversion............just keep me posted as to what is going on......

PLEASE call me with some details of when Terri is going to complete the Bell housings...............light a fire under his ASSSSSS

Tom Ulrich
Old 07-04-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Veteran

No, I am not Mike. I know the machinsts because he has designed stuff for me.

What I was told is that the unit could have been shipped out ASAP with the standard bellhousing or you could have of waited for the custom billet bellhousing which doesn't require any modifications to the Corvette floorpan. Nice choice though. It is less work but just turned out to be a long wait.

I will see if I can find out anything more. The but shop that the bellhousing is in is about 8-9 hours from me.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

yeah...I have been following the conversion for a while. I didnt purchase the setup until I saw the Smaller bellhousing. That is why I didnt settle for the old style with the larger bell housing..

Do you know why the machinist has taken so long? Material, Money, other jobs? It just seems the 3plus montths is a little long when someone is told 4 weeks.....and never give a real answer......originally I was told it was some patent problems....now I am told it was the bellhousing..

If you are not mike....how do you know so much about my trans, etc? I got more info from you than mike....Can you give me a contact for the machinist so I can contact them to get a completion date? Where is the Machinist located? Near Mike?

Thanks for your time...and so many questions.......just trying to figure out what is going on....

Tom Ulrich
Old 07-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As a friend of Mikes for over 10 years he will not screw you over. I will call him today and make him aware that you are looking for him.

Yank should be 100% trusted in everything they do.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

thanks...tell him to give me a call

Tom
Old 07-07-2007, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

2 more calls to more emails................nothing

any word?

Tom
Old 07-07-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

He should get in touch with you sometime today. Here is the contact number of the shop doing the CNC work. (800)649-7866
Old 07-07-2007, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

THANKS FOR THE INFO...
GOT EMAIL FROM HIM TODAY....HOPEFULLY i WILL GET BETTER INFO ON COMPLETION TOMORROW....
THANKS FOR THE CONTACT NUMBER..

TOM