Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e difference

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
Here is what he's talking about. The fitting on the right is for the rear, the one on the left is for the front and the same as used on 4L60E's

The rear one is longer because it extends into the center support, theres a seal on the center support that this extended fitting reaches, so I'd assume without the extension it's going to leak internally. This lube circuit change was probably the biggest most extensive change made to the 4L80E in the '97 build date.
Added to the sticky..
Old 10-09-2007, 09:25 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
Here is what he's talking about. The fitting on the right is for the rear, the one on the left is for the front and the same as used on 4L60E's

The rear one is longer because it extends into the center support, theres a seal on the center support that this extended fitting reaches, so I'd assume without the extension it's going to leak internally. This lube circuit change was probably the biggest most extensive change made to the 4L80E in the '97 build date.
Thanks for posting these pic's. This is exactly what my concerns are. Vince
Old 10-17-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

what kind of symptoms would you see if you did not have that stock fitting? i have a buddy with a low line pressure in forward gear problem we cannot figure out, and he has std. npt fittings w/out this special end on it.

also i saw before where somebody made npt -an fittings that had this longer nose on it but i can't find the thread now.. anyone? thanks

o also i use the stock fittings on my trans going to stock lines that are cut then adapted to -an stuff