Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lazy lock-up

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lazy lock-up

I started noticing that my 3600VIg would not lock up correctly for the past few months.

i would reset the DTC with my predator and it would immediatly lock up and work correctly.

the other day, during the rainstorm, i noticed the converter lock-up get real mushy, lazy kinda. im used to lockup jarring my entire car, and now it was slow and soft. and the DTC reset wouldnt help.

Later on that night , the converter stopped locking alltogether. currently the converter will lock-up maybe 10% of the time, and it is REAL lazy. no jar like it use too.

My DTC p0748 has been going off since i did the vacum modulator on my Level 4 FLT trans. Chuck didnt think the PC solenoid had anythign to do with it, but did suggest dropping the trans pan and checking to make sure the solenoid and wires werent damaged. They appear to me to be just fine.

FLT also thought it MUST be a tuning issue. The converter isnt a year old yet, and i rarely hit it with more than 500hp. so i dont think its broke in anyway.

has anyone had this issue? does anyone have any suggestions about what might be causing the converter to lock up lazy and intermitently??

all help will be much appreciated as my car is going to stay apart untill i fix this issue.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Shift adaptation learning (for shift time targets) also will affect
the lockup's available line pressure. Which is chump change as
factory-programmed. But with vac mod that should be all gone.
Do not know whether you killed TCC PWM as well, this would seem
like a good idea (either tune, or that replacement valve/whatever).
If it's all hardware in the pressure path then tune has no more to
do with it.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

so you think its a hardware issue and not the tune? so then you suggest checking the TCC PWM?

i havent done anything with the tune, other than change a little with the predator.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/162767-i-just-replaced-my-torque-converter-now-unlocks-randomly-fix.html

thats what i found, and i guess i will try to have it "tuned" out

and thanks, as always, for your time and replies

Last edited by sobaka__79; 10-24-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Banned

just noticed one of my vacum modulator lines had been cut... i have no idea how that **** coulda happened... also several of my granatelli coil on plug wires had literally come apart.

so i bet this is my problem, ill update this thread when i figure it out for sure.

im glad you suggested it being a hardware issue, thats when i retraced everything and found these problems. im sure you just saved me alot of time and money.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sobaka__79
just noticed one of my vacum modulator lines had been cut... i have no idea how that **** coulda happened... also several of my granatelli coil on plug wires had literally come apart.

so i bet this is my problem, ill update this thread when i figure it out for sure.

im glad you suggested it being a hardware issue, thats when i retraced everything and found these problems. im sure you just saved me alot of time and money.
If the vac modulator vacuum supply hose has been compromised the line pressure will go high. High vac signal = low pressure. Low vac signal = high pressure.

The coil wires could easily be the source of your symptoms... engine misfires will inhibit TCC operation entirely!

Get it back in shape and let us know how it does for you!

g