Single Wire tbrake button

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Wire tbrake button

Quick question...

car is an import with a rev pat th400 & hipster brake

got 2 wires comin out of the brake, only one one out of the button... how do i wire this thing?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default brake

12v through the switch and on the soliniod and the other wire to ground
Old 11-17-2007, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a different button. Use a 2 wire switch.

Most trans brake solenoids draw very low amperage. Which can be a good thing if you do not want to incorporate a relay into the harness for safety.

John is correct, make sure you have a fused 12v input to the switch. I use a 5a fuse for most of the units I install. Then connect the other end to one wire on the Brake Solenoid. The other Solenoid wire is grounded permanently.

Another way to do it is to incorporate a relay... here is a diagram that I have found to be most useful when trying to help folks on the web.

And if you wanted to install a trans brake in conjunction with N2O, I have wired many systems up this way personally.

The only problem with running relays is; if you are bracket racing, or trying to cut a perfect light, they can slow you down by a few thousands.

g
Old 11-17-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

You don't really want a relay on a t-brake because it will slow the reaction time up some.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:44 AM
10 Second Club

hmm but how about as far as a single wire switch? anyone have input on that

the wiring diagrams and im assuming the first response were for 2+ wire switches

if it were up to me, then id toss a 2 wire switch in there, however im asking this question for another guy on supraforums who aready has the 1 wire
Old 11-18-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of different ways you can wire it up. You have two wires coming from the solenoid, and you need one of those grounded, and one of those to get a positive feed. It's not going to be possible to use a "single wire switch" (they actually make such a thing?), since when you turn that switch on, you're not going to be connecting the lead to the solenoid to either a ground or a positive...it'd be like letting the wire hang in the air on its own. Unless of course, that switch is self-grounded somehow
Old 11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by swearitsstock
hmm but how about as far as a single wire switch? anyone have input on that

the wiring diagrams and im assuming the first response were for 2+ wire switches

if it were up to me, then id toss a 2 wire switch in there, however im asking this question for another guy on supraforums who aready has the 1 wire
The one wire solenoid is internally grounded, so all you'll have to do is apply 12v to it for it to work.

Quick Reply: Single Wire tbrake button