Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which gets the better 60 ft A4 stall vs M6 with same tires/gears/mods etc?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetal
When autos footbrake I see that the back end "squats" before the launch, that tells me everything is preloaded.
Thats the opposite of what actually happens. The rear end will lift and unload while sitting still and on the gas and the brake. Watch one up-close.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Thats the opposite of what actually happens. The rear end will lift and unload while sitting still and on the gas and the brake. Watch one up-close.
^this guy speaks the truth...mine definitely rises in the rear
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, why do I have this mental picture that the car rear squats when someone revs on the footbrake...
Old 03-01-2011, 01:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetal
Hmm, why do I have this mental picture that the car rear squats when someone revs on the footbrake...
You are picturing it bc it makes sense in your head. I mean all common sense points to this as being the truth. However, going to the track often helps you to learn what is actually happening with your car. I have watched videos of runs I can remember where I was on the stall hard at the line. I could feel the car trying to push.....and on those runs I couldn't hook for ****. That is supposed to be the softest hit to the tires so I thought it would be the best way to launch. On runs I would foot brake to about 1500 rpms, then stab it on green, the car hooked really well. I realized what was happening. By not unloading the rear suspension, it allowed the car to plant the weight in the rear. Imagine taking off and all the weight is thrown rearward, well all the parts of your suspension are fighting against that. Slamming the rear shocks down from ride height is easier then slamming them down from an extended position. Same with the rear springs and unloading on the front shocks.

Quick Reply: Which gets the better 60 ft A4 stall vs M6 with same tires/gears/mods etc?