Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLT Transmission Power Gain

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLT Transmission Power Gain

Well, once the wonderful Illinois winter weather clears up, I will be going with an FLT stage 3 or 4 tranny. I have heard that a built A4 will put down a little more power than a stock A4. Is this true? or myth?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know a race built trans will handle more power if thats what you want to know.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Launching!

No I mean I obviously know that, what I'm referring to is putting power to the ground. Will one see better dyno numbers with a built transmission, vs stock. I'm talking about drivetrain loss.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have to say truth and myth. Reason being the trans itself is just a mass of rotating parts. Depending how it is set up as far as end play, bearings vs washer and other clearances, one vs another will probably not be much of a difference in RWHP. Now if a trans is slipping this will definitely reduce the power to the rear wheels. The truth part probably has more to do with the converter itself and how efficient it is. This is a widely debated topic on which converter is the best due to the fact that many look at dyno #'s and this is I believe what you are asking. IMO ET's and MPH at the track tell the truth about the power of a car. A dyno sheet is just what it is. A reference to give you an idea of your cars power. It is a great tool to tune the AF and other things that make your engine produce the power it is capable of. But once again a tool to make it as fast as it can be. I am not a tuner by trade or a converter builder but both of which will effect the rwhp #'s that a dyno sheet will produce. I hope that makes sense. Vince
Old 01-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Launching!

No, everything you said makes perfect sense. Thank you! I wasnt expecting increased numbers, and I definately understand that numbers mean nothing, and that its all about what times you can pull off, etc...this was just something I was curious about. Thanks again!