47.62%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Who has the best built 4L60's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Dude, stop while you're ahead. Otherwise, you'll be accused of being a 14 year old on the competition's payroll . It appears that some don't appreciate honest feedback.
If i was childish i would be crying to the mods like frank does .All i am trying to do is save people some headaches and cash .I know i work hard for my money .Hey frank need a tissueeee
Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by performabuilt
The thing is though that people post like this a few . Yet there are 100s and 100s of people who are very happy with performabuilt and the fact is you cant make everyone happy in business You try and we do but sometimes it just cant be done. But is it fair that these few go to great effort to cause us damage if they can and ignore and even detract from the many many happy customers coments Its like it seems if people start posting how they like our products and are happy with our service they feel some deep need to be involved. I personally dont get it. There are companies I have dealt with over the years I didnt care for, I just went to somebody else next time and moved on. I understand posting personal experinces in the apropriate section. But instead its posted in the wrong section just to get attention and attempt a free for all. I have nothing personally agaist anyone nor do I enjoy this stuff , What I love doing is helping people when they need it talking tech andwith a little luck sell something along the way. When stuff like this is started it just takes the fun out for everyone. I have talked to several people in other forums who wont even come here anymore because of crap like this going on. What I say is this is a tech forum and should be used for that. Just the facts and to exchange information, The feedback section though true it does not allow a free for all and post will be deleted from what I have seen when they become that are the apropriate place for greivances between the vendor and the customer, They even have there own special moderator over there for that.
Anyway I am done. I have managed to get a major headache from this because things like this do disturb me.
I have nothing against anyone I am just tired of the same old games that only hurtS this forum and the credibility of the section.
Frank
That's why you haven't seen any negative posts from me in a while, and I intend to keep it that way from this point on. You've obviously pleased many many customers and that's great. I felt it was a gamble and went elsewhere, but that's the beauty of multiple sponsors. No hard feelings bud.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u meant CPT as in cahall performance transmission? correct? yea my tranny is at his shop as we speak... yea i believe he has a small shop and is always busy.... but once u get a hold of him he will talk with u forever and anwser everything nice and calmly.... frank at CPT is the best.... sometimesw he wouldnt be able to return my calls until 8 or 9 at night.... and to me thats understandable... hes a busy man... i mean geeze he needs a life too u kno?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

after researching i decided to buy a performabuilt lv2 tranny because they offer free shipping, free trans cooler, and a core buy back! not to mention all the positive feedback from this site. I Should be paying it off this week, and i cant wait to get it and be back on the road again! Its only been down a week and i already miss driving it!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dochall22
oh ok - i just remembered your car and the HUGE write up which i thought seemed over the top homosexual, but who cares right! lol

Apparently not the 12,484 members who have viewed it thus far .

I'd also add that right after that, Performabuilt started their own thread showcasing their product. I think ACE might have also. Vince saw an opportunity and after asking if I minded, added many pictures of his own. My point is, it's great feedback and info for members in the market for a tranny. Frank and Gilbert know this, hence their separate threads complete with pictures!

Over-the-top?......I think not. I would be surprised if sales didn't pick up after that. Of course, I should probably know this since I'm apparently on their payroll.

Come to think of it, I've been accused of being on Yank's payroll too. I sure wish I was seeing some of that money .

Last edited by 99Hawk262; 04-07-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
u meant CPT as in cahall performance transmission? correct? yea my tranny is at his shop as we speak... yea i believe he has a small shop and is always busy.... but once u get a hold of him he will talk with u forever and anwser everything nice and calmly.... frank at CPT is the best.... sometimesw he wouldnt be able to return my calls until 8 or 9 at night.... and to me thats understandable... hes a busy man... i mean geeze he needs a life too u kno?
I don't hold it against them, believe me. I just didn't have luck getting ahold of them. I figured it was because they were so busy. I think you'll be very happy.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow....this thread really took off today.LOL.

I really hate to see this kind of animosity, but it's a natural reflex when attacked or done wrong on multiple occassions.

I'm sure this thread will be locked soon, but at least we do have some very good options for 4L60E builders so be sure to shop wisely and filter internet info accordingly.

Good luck to all!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
Wow....this thread really took off today.LOL.

I really hate to see this kind of animosity, but it's a natural reflex when attacked or done wrong on multiple occassions.

I'm sure this thread will be locked soon, but at least we do have some very good options for 4L60E builders so be sure to shop wisely and filter internet info accordingly.

Good luck to all!
very well said!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have said it and I will say it again that this whole thing sounded like a setup to me in the first place. The first failure was explainable the snap ring jumping out of the 3rd pack happens could have been builder error whatever. the second thier is no explanation for what happened all the clutches fried I have been building for at least 13 years and have seen some bad trannies exspecially at the GM dealer I have never seen one with all the clutches fried and no explanation no damaged seals pump within specs I have my own opinion on that but I will keep it to myself however I have a tranny on my bench right now that has an unexplained failure not one of my trannies just one I am doing for a friend but I suspect bad tuning however I will not say anything in regards to that becuase they are a sponsor here also I think. the third tranny well we will never know find it funny that it ended up in FLT,s hands I would have sent it back and demanded my money back at that point and went with FLT. However FLT took it apart to see if there was anything wrong with it for saftey purposes without dynoing it first then when they put it back together it started in second well I dunno but I would have fixed said problem when it was apart so it seems to me that its 50/50 either P-built sent another bad tranny or FLT messed up a good tranny what better way to sink P-built after 2 failures so I dont really consider the third a failure.
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Listen up guys, this will be your ONLY warning. I'm about to start handing out bans, I'm sick of the bullshit drama in here. Usernames above have been noted, and if you think you might be one of them...you probably are on that **** list.

1. We have a sponsor feedback forum here. I suggest you use it to post your issues with any vendors, if you haven't already. The technical forum is not the place for this.

2. Company nut-swingers often make the company they pimp for look bad, if they do not handle things professionally. You might think you are helping someone's company with your replies, but the truth is that most readers can see through your bullshit and think you are a repetitive choad.

ENOUGH.

Don't bother to PM me and ask if your name is on the **** list. If you have to ask, then you probably know your answer. If your account suddenly stops functioning, you will know then. Consider this a GROUP warning and that it applies to everyone in this thread. use the sponsor feedback forum and quit bashing like children.

Quick Reply: Who has the best built 4L60's?