Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been Pretty Busy This Year so Far.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Been Pretty Busy This Year so Far.....

Hey guys...

Just wanted to get a note in here to let you know I have been very, very busy this year here at ACE Racing Transmissions. We have been very fortunate to have a stout workload when many companies are suffering in these difficult economic times.

I constantly receive e-mails and inquiries from folks here seeking information or services. I feel like I answer them in a very timely manner. However, with the workload like it is I have not been able to participate here on the boards as much as I would like to and as much as I have in the past.

Recently, Steve Gorman asked me to help him out with his War Dog Racing, ADRL Extreme 10.5 Race car. Steve is the Defending Series Champion from last year and has won 1 of the 2 races held this year already. We have tested a new 3 Stage Nitrous system recently and are ready for the next race in Martin, Michigan next week. Go to www.adrl.us for more info about him and the series if you are not already familiar with it. This is some of the most action packed heads up Drag Racing there is.

Steves car is a Jerry Bickel Pro Stock chassis that was originally campaigned by Jim Yates a few years ago. It is a very large cubic inch, dual carbureted, 3 stage fogger nitrous motor. Runs a Powerglide and a full floating 4 link rear suspensioned back 1/2. The car runs deep in to the 4.3x's at 165+ mph in the 1/8 mile.

At this point the only reason we will not make the 18 - 20 hour pull up there is the weather. If we make the run up there it will be just Steve and I handling the car. Be sure to stop by the pit's and say hello if you plan to come out. I won't be getting up that way very much, but it would be great to meet some of you guys at the track!

If we can help you in any way all you have to do is get in touch with me!

Gilbert Olson
ACE Racing Trasmissions
817-605-3151
Old 05-31-2008, 11:55 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I plan on heading out unless I go to Joliet for the Route 66 NHRA Nationals. Don't let a little weather scare you. At least you won't need a snow shovel this time of the year.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Vince... I have some friends hitting Joliet.

Look for a cute blond haired chick hanging out in the Pro Stcok pits! Her name is Amber.. tell her I said hello. She is Billy Gliddens Co-Director of Marketing... he is not running there, we'll be running against him in Mi.

Man.. the weather, are you kidding me dude! I am not at all excited about driving my *** up there for 18 hrs just to sit in the trailer fr a couple of days! Ain't gonna happen dude!

You guys be sure to bring me a cold beer when you stop by the pits. I might need a hand at the starting line... you in? You can get a car in the groove right?

g
Old 05-31-2008, 12:32 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What ever you need. I can even build those old school PG's. I will make sure to have plenty of beverages. Just need to figure out which direction I'm heading. I'm sure we will touch base this week. Vince
Old 05-31-2008, 12:44 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds good dude!

Weather . com has a 60% chance of the wet stuff next weekend up there... let me know what the locals are forecasting if you will please...??!!??

g
Old 06-02-2008, 12:03 AM
FormerVendor

TTT.

g
Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

Talking

Just got the word... looks like we're making the trip to Michigan.

Been watching the weather real close and we're satisfied that there is a good chance the race will happen.

It's on baby!

g
Old 06-03-2008, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Hell Yeah! Just got off the phone with Vince... he's coming out to the track Saturday!

If any of you guys can come out to the track be sure to stop by the pit and say hey! I'm sure I'll be busier than a one armed paper hanger as it will only be Steve and I, but I'll try to stop and shake a hand!

g
Old 06-10-2008, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Hey Vince... it was definitely a pleasure meeting you guys in Michigan this past Saturday. Too bad you didn't get to see us make a pass though... apparently Mother Nature had other intentions.

We qualified 3rd with a 4.44 @ 162 mph. Only got down the track one time in 3 attempts in qualifying. One pass we underestimated the track once it was dried after a nasty thunderstorm went through, left soft and immediately went into tire shake when the 2nd N2O kit came on line. The last attempt we were out of the groove and just knocked the tires off about 40 ft out.

Due to a strategically placed lightening strike the Christmas Tree and Scoreboards were inop. The race was held Sunday a.m. instead of Saturday. They started the race with a hand drop, like Pinks does, and we were disqualified in the 1st round because they said we staged too deep. Lovely.

It rained every day we were there. The '04 Powerstroke engine in the tow vehicle ate a valve in Oklahoma, we hitched a ride with Frankie Taylor and his crew up to Michigan. Everything that could have gone wrong did. The winch for the door of the double stacker trailer burned up, the pit's were muddy from all the rain, the race was delayed time and time again... what a strange trip.

We'll see how Tulsa goes in a couple of weeks!

g