Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need local shop to pull trans near Waterford, MI

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need local shop to pull trans near Waterford, MI

Busted my 4L65E in my silverado ss with a radix, it was only a matter of time. I have decided to go with either a performabuilt trans or FLT, leaning performabuilt because I can get a level 3 with converter for a few hundred less than FLT and get it in a much shorter amount of time. This is my DD so 1-2 weeks vs 4-6 weeks delivery time drives my decision as much as any quality concerns.

Anyways, I need a trans shop near waterford, mi to pull the trans and verify it is in fact the transmission and then install the performabuilt when it gets here. I assume its the trans because I have no 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or R and park does not hold. When put into hear, the trans just makes a loud nasty ratchet sound. Probably broke the reaction carrier or the output shaft or something.

I know it will be hard to find a trans shop to install someone elses trans as they would probably believe their stock rebuild capabilities are superior to anything I can find anywhere else.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact Shawn over at C.A.R.S on Elizabeth lake rd. PH#248-682-3840. Tell him the Mike R from Vortech converters sent u.