Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This 4l60e shit is gonna drive me nuts...PWM circuit questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This 4l60e **** is gonna drive me nuts...PWM circuit questions...

long story short...

ive heard 8 million diferent things about this...

basically i have the chance to purchase a fully built 4l60e with a stall for a smokin deal,only issue is...its setup for a 94 lt1 car..and mines a 97..

now im being told that i can just switch the internal wiring harness over,and the trans will function just fine,but i will lose the pwm circuit,but its not needed for a high performance setup anyways...can anyone confirm/deny this?

or anymore useful info about making a 94 trans,fully function as it should in my 97 car? this **** is starting to make me go god damn insane.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I have done it with my own personal car. The lake off PWM will be no issue we eliminate it on all out units anyway, But the Solenoid must be there to fool the computer a Dummy as you will much the same as when people use the vaccume mod to control line pressure even though the PCS dosent do anything it or a dummy load must be there to keep the PCM happy.
The only real issue but I have no noted any major problem with it is the change in the strategy for the 3-2 solenoid which may cause harsh 3-2 downshifts under throttle.
You will need to change the harness and the PWM and 3-2 solenoids from your 97 or install new ones from 97 I have a price on this now if you want to give me a call or PM . And while we have it will take a quick look see since it was built over 1 1/2 years ago and make sure all is good with it while we have it, Its not really good for a never installed trans from before we had a dyno or test vehicle to have set that long. So it does need to be checked out anyway
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just going off the first part of your topic. "This 4l60e **** is gonna drive me nuts..."
4l60e's have been driving me nuts since ever since I can remember lol, never had 1 that has been able to hold up.lol
Goodluck
Old 07-29-2008, 08:40 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWN SS/T
Just going off the first part of your topic. "This 4l60e **** is gonna drive me nuts..."
4l60e's have been driving me nuts since ever since I can remember lol, never had 1 that has been able to hold up.lol
Goodluck
Maybe the wrong people have been building them for you.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT

That's is exactly correct and the quote of the century. Other than the 1st gear being a bit tough to tame, we're winning races, laying down the numbers and able to drive her home.

This just isn't an area you want to cheap out on.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
That's is exactly correct and the quote of the century.
ADD it to your sig and give special thanks to 00000000DDDDDDD!!!!!(AKA circle D) and FLT! Keep up the good work guys!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
lol
I know that's exactly why, as a matter of fact I'll willing to make a wager. I'll bet you one of your built 60e's that it is my problem. You send me an FLT transmission, and if it breaks then I'll buy it from you... But if it doesn't then I keep it at no cost. lol How does that sound?

Im sure that is the issue for sure I don't trust any of the local builders in my area more in my state to be honest. There's only about three builder's that I've seen and herad about also that build some build F'n pieces and I honestly think yours is one of them. If I don't end up going with a th400 I'll seriously consider one of your transmission's, that is when the money gets right.