Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T400 shifter linkage. How did you run yours any pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T400 shifter linkage. How did you run yours any pics

I just installed my new rmvb t400 and I have a b&m racthet shifter. It has at least 4ft of linkage where do you run it thru your car at. I ran it thru the stock linkage hole and there is so much line that I had to wrap it aroundt he back of the tranny by the cross brace and around the back side to mount it. A few questions
1. does it mount on the tranny just like a 4l60e.
mounting the bracket to the underside of the pan the back of the tranny the line goes forward.
2 does anyone have pics.

3. when I hook mine up it catches in reverse and park.
thanks for any help.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no answer ??
Old 11-07-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

not sure what kind of car your dealing with, but most shifters that the cable goes out the front will loop around and come back up to the d/s of the trans
the 400 will get a bracket mounted on the d/s of the trans to hold the cable, then hook up to the shifter lever-you have to make sure you use the correct hole in the shifter lever, diff trans, diff holes-i know on some shifters, esp the B & M proshifter, where the cable hooks up the the shifter, there is a tab on the cable to bolt it to the shifter housing, and it either goes in or outside where it mounts(i would have to read the directions again) and if its wrong, you will never get the all the gear positions-if it is lined up in 1st, park wont work-if its lined up in park, 1st wont work-it throws the ratios off
also some of the shifters are made for 3 & 4 speed, need to be set up right, some you need to double shift out of park when in the 3 sp mode
not sure if any of this is what your looking for
Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive got the same shifter, make sure the pin is in the right hole for a 3 speed. Set mine up starting in 1st...get the tranny and shifter in 1st gear. Run it through the gears on jackstands to be sure. Worked good for me.

On that cable...thats all you can do with it. Just be sure they are long loops, dont want to bind up the cable.

It took me a while to get it all ironed out like I wanted on my car, but I havent done many of these.

Quick Reply: T400 shifter linkage. How did you run yours any pics