Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

UTI school

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really doesnt matter what school you go to if you put **** in you get **** out. I went to UTI Orlando and it was a really good education as long as you leave all the high school **** in high school 95 percent of the studenta are fresh out of school I was 30 when i went fresh out of the army and I felt like I was in a daycare most of the day wasnt that hard to grad top of my class becuase i was more applied and disciplined and I was also paying for my tuition other than my parents lol
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
FormerVendor

I did not read the whole thread about this however i will say i did attend UTI Chicago campus in 03-04 year, and I must say is was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. They are a prep school for the ASE tests, other than a certificate of completion you do not get much from the program. I learned more attending auto shop for one hour a day in high school for a year then i did full time in an automotive school. If i could pick again i would have gone to WyoTech.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i graduated UTI houston a couple years ago and like everyone else has said i do not recommend UTI unless you have NO experience....im not going to say i did not learn anything but i went in there knowing a little more than basics and flew through it. Finding a job was a BITCH...i got a 3.9gpa and 98.5% attendance but did not want to go through an MSAT as i wanted to work for GM so i graduated and people pretty much laughed about UTI...i finally ended up getting a job for Bridgestone/Firestone and have been there ever since. i clocked $40K a year last year busting my *** working 6 days a week most of the time and flagging 70-90 hours a week but have already spent almost 35k on tools and my box plus 4k for the Solus Pro i just upgraded to get more into diagnostics...ive tried to switch over to a dealership now but i just wont make 40k a year starting out so im kind of stuck for now unfortunately considering most dealerships think its a joke when they hear a 22 year old "kid" knows as much as me and has the amount of tools i already have
Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

I went to SAM. Graduated in 2007. Job placement was great, had an interview within a few weeks of graduating and landed the job in FL. I have friends that I went to school with that are all over the industry from NASCAR teams, to IRL, NHRA drag race teams, as well as a lot of the sponsers here on LS1tech. I have friends that work at LME, LMR, HKE, Xtreme Horsepower, Wiseco pistons, Mast Motorsports.... I could go on for a while. I got asked to come back and work at SAM and do so now. If you're interested in performance engines and racing, check out the website www.samracing.com
Old 04-12-2009, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

im am going there now and to tell you the truth i dont know any more then what i knew when i started its not worth 27,000 dollars
Old 04-13-2009, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wadelieck
im am going there now and to tell you the truth i dont know any more then what i knew when i started its not worth 27,000 dollars
SAM or UTI?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by performabuilt2
really doesnt matter what school you go to if you put **** in you get **** out. I went to UTI Orlando and it was a really good education as long as you leave all the high school **** in high school 95 percent of the studenta are fresh out of school I was 30 when i went fresh out of the army and I felt like I was in a daycare most of the day wasnt that hard to grad top of my class becuase i was more applied and disciplined and I was also paying for my tuition other than my parents lol
X2!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! The sad thing is I'm now going for a criminal justice degree!! I wanna choke 99% of the **** talkin mommas boys!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jim@brakemotive
I did not read the whole thread about this however i will say i did attend UTI Chicago campus in 03-04 year, and I must say is was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. They are a prep school for the ASE tests, other than a certificate of completion you do not get much from the program. I learned more attending auto shop for one hour a day in high school for a year then i did full time in an automotive school. If i could pick again i would have gone to WyoTech.
how much is it to attend wyotech?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by outtacontrolz28
SAM or UTI?
deff sam
Old 04-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wadelieck
deff sam
You didn't learn anything at SAM?? You must not have gone to class ever or slept through class
Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to UNOH, University of Northwestern Ohio. Its incredible! I had a 3.8-3.9 G.P.A and 100% attendance. I have a great job, a degree, and love every minute of what I get paid to do.

UNOH is even better now, they are growing so fast and have way cooler stuff now that Ive graduated... including a 7.5 million dollar high performance building.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DMSZ28
You didn't learn anything at SAM?? You must not have gone to class ever or slept through class
i did not go to sam i was saying go to sam it is better than uti. cause i go to uti now.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Teching In

i graduated from uti last year....would only suggest it for someone who knows absolutely nothing about cars...if you are somewhat mechanically inclined you will be bored I slept through class and actually doubled my classes to graduate 6 months earlier graduating with a 4.0 and that was straight out of high school. a buddy of mine transfered from uti to Sam and loves it there
Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM

UTI is not bad if you go there for the right reasons. One thing i will definitely say is "you get out of it what you put into it". I had some mechanical experience but not the most but i made it a priority to graduate with 100% attendance and a 3.90 gpa and i'm now going for the bmw msat program and will start soon. I did not have it easy either as i am married with two small kids so it was tedious but definitely accomplishable. Yes, for some people it was a bore because they have an insane amount of knowledge and experience in the automotive field but don't let that deter you. Keep yourself focused on your goals and stay away from the slackers and potheads and you'll do fine. Of the people that started with me, 1 went to audi, 1 to vw, 1 to porsche, 1 to volvo, 2 to nissan, 1 to mercedes, and myself to bmw. I'm not sure about the rest. And a lot of them had little to no shop experience so it's all about how much you put into it. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Guys guys guys!!!! UTI isnt that bad! You absolutely get what out of it what you put in!!! You have to be there to get it! I am about to graduate from UTI on April 12th 2013. I went here to fill holes in my knowledge. It really did that and then some! Its a great foundation to get you hired as an entry level technician. If you take part in the electives or MSAT's It will really benefit you even more. (especially with pay) I will be graduating with a 4.0 and 100% attendance! I have already been hired with a company Called Bauer-Pileco making $20.00Hr starting off with no experience on the equipment I work on. I also have 2 other companies that were waiting to hire me once I finished school based on my stats from the school. There are many knowledgeable instructors in which you must milk them of all the info you can! Some of the instuctors are full of **** though and you will point them out easily! I would do my own research about the school and make a decision then! Not base it on people's opinion! Especially when some of them may not have applied themselves!

Quick Reply: UTI school