Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?
View Poll Results: Is Wyotec a Good school?
Great School
9.40%
Good School
12.82%
Neither Good nor Bad
29.06%
Poor
13.68%
Terrible, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
35.04%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Is Wyotec a good school?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do you think you need to goto school?

Are you just trying to land a job at a dealership or what?

I apprenticed at ford 12 years ago and i never went to a fancy school

you can get ase certified without going to school

I have to ask why do you think you need to goto school to work on stuff that

the dealer is going to send you to school anyways to learn?!?!

get a job at a goodyear as a tech put 2 years in and then goto a dealer and

apply if your gonna goto school choose the college route! ..

trade schools turn out lof techs by the hundreds every year!
Old 07-03-2010, 03:27 AM
Launching!

I'm a graduate from Wyotech in Fremont,CA I went there for two years. I had to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get there by 8:00 am just in time for school. Yes some of the statements are true about trade schools, for the most parts it is a business but thats just the financial office part. If you really want it you can make the best out of it. sure there were people that were on top of the ball and some that weren't I got my *** kick from the drive to school and after going to work at the tranny shop. I myself was invited to attend the "BMW S.T.E.P." program but I denied it. What I'm trying to say is going to school and knowing how stuff works is better than not attending school and trying to apply some were when you have no back ground. The employer will see that you are serious about it when your resume says u got your degree in automotive technology rather than having an empty spot on the paper. They will see how serious you are in this field. does this make sense??????
Old 07-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Launching!

In shorter words who would you hire. A person who took the time to go to school and take the time to understand how it works or a guy thats has no educational background that didnt go to school for it. I'm not throwing it to anyone's face but thats what the employers see on paper and the way you present your self. but thats just me now I'm going to get my AS degree in Forestry and Natural Resources. Go figure.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Default depends what your looking for

Just depends on what his goals on .. if he just wants a journeyman tech position at a dealer there is no fancy school needed! for some reason people think they do. LOL RESUME LOL ummm i have lived in 2 states chicago and oklahoma and i never used a resume to get a job as a tech lol . lol the funnier part is that people that take their cars to dealers think the guy that works on their car went to a fancy school lol.. most of the ase stuff is common car knowledge you can teach yourself in a months time enough to pass the tests. tell yah what ill say you worked for me for 2 years and pass your ase tests and you can get a job as a tech at gm ford or chrysler. ase background checks are a joke! most trade schools are a joke too. its all about busting and kissing *** thats how yah make money at the dealer. if yah need someone to teach you how to do a oil change or plugin in a obdII connector dont pursue a automotive career
Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

As a former student i say it is a good place to attend. You will learn alot......but..........dont expect to come out and make alot of money right out of the gate. i graduated in 05
i work at a prison now, techs at a dealership, youll get screwed. youngs guys will go in and make crap money bc your the new guy and wont get the cake jobs.
go to a fabrication shop and make decent money, but you wont be rich. or you could get a normal job and work on cars on the side
you will come out with an impressive resume, and people that are hiring look at school more than people think. like the guy said above, taking the time to go and someone that just has experience, youll get hired. i havent applied for a job that i have not gotten, other than being a police officer, and my dumb acts in college kept me from being hired....pot.lol
but if you have the money go for it. i went to wyotech and it was payed for, i didnt have a debt to come home too... makes a difference

Quick Reply: Is Wyotec a good school?