Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read on another forum that the "bullrun" still has the evo, they have not given the car back and I guess the drivers are taking it to court.

I mean say what you want about how they blew threw that fence, that concrete slab should have at least been marked in some kind of way. These guys arent pro drivers, anyone of them could have done the same thing and possibly would have if the evo hadnt gone 1st.

Its reality tv, they are going to cut and edit to make it look how they want it to look.

link to forum with the guys talking about it
http://forums.evolutionm.net/off-topic/ ... eview.html
Old 03-19-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Junkie

What is with the hate towards guys with small engines? I wouldn't want to make fun of someone and then have this happen to my car.

W
Old 03-19-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JCurtin
I read on another forum that the "bullrun" still has the evo, they have not given the car back and I guess the drivers are taking it to court.

I mean say what you want about how they blew threw that fence, that concrete slab should have at least been marked in some kind of way. These guys arent pro drivers, anyone of them could have done the same thing and possibly would have if the evo hadnt gone 1st.

Its reality tv, they are going to cut and edit to make it look how they want it to look.

thats what i thought.. i mean that was OBVIOUSLY not a safe course even for a pro driver when there are huge concrete barriers and **** that u can hit thats dangerous... they could have been seriously hurt.. true they didnt follow the track but still.. very dangerous IMO.. sucks he crashed his buds car
Old 03-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Launching!

you know what else is dangerous? leaving your house. **** now that I think about it, your house can be pretty dangerous too...

Don't be (or drive like, in this case) an idiot and you'll be fine.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WECIV
What is with the hate towards guys with small engines? I wouldn't want to make fun of someone and then have this happen to my car.

W

That's a pretty general statement. It's not the engine or the car, for that matter. It's the way most owners of cars w/ that size engine act. Personally, I have never met an EVO owner w/ a RICER mentality, locally. Although, the guys on Bullrun are portrayed as such.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the car was fucked wat before it hit the concrete barrier. the bag deployed after the first dip the thing hit. the concrete barrier just brought the car to and abrupt stop. regardless, if someone tells you 100 times that you need to do this course a certain way and drive through the gate at a certain angle and you want to be gung go to try and shave some time, you deserve whatever happens to you. sucks that it happened but at the same time if they would've listened to them, maybe it wouldnt have happened.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TNTramair
the car was fucked wat before it hit the concrete barrier. the bag deployed after the first dip the thing hit. the concrete barrier just brought the car to and abrupt stop. regardless, if someone tells you 100 times that you need to do this course a certain way and drive through the gate at a certain angle and you want to be gung go to try and shave some time, you deserve whatever happens to you. sucks that it happened but at the same time if they would've listened to them, maybe it wouldnt have happened.
although i do agree... the course should be safe.. what if some one blew a tire or something and just lost control.. anything can happen and having a concrete barrier in that spot is kinda dangerous... honestly even the dip that got them airborne is stupid.. what if that ferrari was doing that challenge? the dip alone woulda caused alotta damage to that car..
Old 03-19-2009, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by who281
although i do agree... the course should be safe.. what if some one blew a tire or something and just lost control.. anything can happen and having a concrete barrier in that spot is kinda dangerous... honestly even the dip that got them airborne is stupid.. what if that ferrari was doing that challenge? the dip alone woulda caused alotta damage to that car..
this is true but thats the risk all these guys are taking. im sure they saw last years episodes. Allthough no one totaled their rides, they all suffered some sort of damage.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

this is true but thats the risk all these guys are taking. im sure they saw last years episodes. Allthough no one totaled their rides, they all suffered some sort of damage.
Exaclty. After seeing last years season, these people needed to know what to bring and what to prepare for. What if in the water skiing challenge, some idiot rode it full bore onto shore and was tossed off, who's fault would it be? What if in the bus challenge they swerved under the bus's tires and crused their car?

And last week, what if they went to bust through the gate, but missed and hit one of the posts that was cemented into the ground? Would it be the show's fault? Fact is, the evo was 'out of bounds' and hit an imovable object because the driver didn't have control of his car. That's the simple fact, the driver was operating his car in a reckless manner. He even said that because of his speed and getting airborn, that he locked on the brakes but couldn't stop.
Lots of what if's surround this type of event, and it's part of the risk you take when entering this event....

Is it the shows fault then that the Dart driver rolled his car?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:16 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

The link doesn't work.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Exaclty. After seeing last years season, these people needed to know what to bring and what to prepare for. What if in the water skiing challenge, some idiot rode it full bore onto shore and was tossed off, who's fault would it be? What if in the bus challenge they swerved under the bus's tires and crused their car?

And last week, what if they went to bust through the gate, but missed and hit one of the posts that was cemented into the ground? Would it be the show's fault? Fact is, the evo was 'out of bounds' and hit an imovable object because the driver didn't have control of his car. That's the simple fact, the driver was operating his car in a reckless manner. He even said that because of his speed and getting airborn, that he locked on the brakes but couldn't stop.
Lots of what if's surround this type of event, and it's part of the risk you take when entering this event....

Well said and excellent points...I don't know how you could argue with that.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

Exactly!!
if any of you guys decide to go road racing with your F-body and at some point lose control and hit a tree thats "out of bounds" is it the tracks fault?? ofcourse not...you know the risks so its on you to keep the **** under control the entire time. its all moot at this point. he did it...paid the ultimate price and regrets it. time to move on.
tonites episode should be interesting watching them tryin to put the dart back together..lol
Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

^ Yeah I cant wait to see, I hope they get it together ok. I feel bad for that dude.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

worst car-related show ever
Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fast
pretty bold statement with nothing backing it.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:22 AM
11 Second Club

damn...hated to see the Camaro go...too bad the driver messed up.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by fast

Umm, you've never seen Pimp my ride????
Old 03-20-2009, 08:03 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

damn...hated to see the Camaro go...too bad the driver messed up.
When they descibed the course, I figured the camaro was done, especially since they were going against the corvette and solstice. Both of those cars were smaller, lighter (had power steering), anti lock breaks which all played a critical role in such a tight, small course. It was essentially an autocross event which benefits smaller lighter cars.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

When they descibed the course, I figured the camaro was done, especially since they were going against the corvette and solstice. Both of those cars were smaller, lighter (had power steering), anti lock breaks which all played a critical role in such a tight, small course. It was essentially an autocross event which benefits smaller lighter cars.
yeah but that Camaro was built for just that. he was killing the course untill they had to back it in at the end of the track....he just totally screwed that up. im suprised no one pulled the e-brake and whipped it around....that would've saved them a ton of time.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ya that camaro went through the salams better then any of the cars there, they pushed it further at least... But the driver messed it up, it was a kool car - the wing - the hood scoop.