Old 05-07-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...like herpes.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PopaPork
'Smiles' me all you want the, the facts are still the same, you had a silly idea.
that New Jersey blood and pollution has gone to your head
Old 05-08-2009, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

pontiac gone= SUCKY
Old 05-11-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That doesn't even make sence. Sorry, you Fail.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Teching In

The governer of California bought the rights to pontiac....the T/A will be back!!

Some company...ACS makes a bodykit to change a Camaro into a Tans am.... bumpers/front+ rear and side skirting....

If you want one bad enough...you can have it. I've seen one they have done and it looks retro..i'd have to see it in another color baby blue didn't make it for me.

hey if you love the Firebird pick a generation and do a rotiseary or if its in good shape..you can retrofit all chevy parts in... Get a good body shop and rebuild it..

i didn't leave my GTO's the way Pontiac sold them i changed bumpers and grills till i got an acceptable out come....it looks sorta Saaleen...but definitly not a cavalier or gran prix... it looks like a hot rod... actaully the car i built looks like a 2 door GXP with a taller duck tail spoiler...and extended front bumper...with nicer plain grey 18's it looks stock.

point i'm making if your a poncho....there are plenty of F-bodies waiting to be restored.
it was a good plateform...that can easily be made to handle and brake...anycar ccan be make fast...and the ram airs and firehawks and formula's can all still be easily reproduced...

its 1974 and the muscle cars are dying out....don't do what our forfathers did.....buy em up.....fix em to your liking.

I was shocked in watching the new Star Trek Movie that they had an old Vette in the movie as captain jame tibirius Kirk was stealing from his step father as a 13 y/o .

it was funny...and cool...can you imagine the motors available to put in a race machine in say 40 years....retrofitting them to an old ancient 00 Ws6 tran Am..

thats was going through my mind.

I might snag a new camaro or better yet...a CTS either a V which would bad *** or an AWD...with six seed manual if that can be had.....a little tweaking... and i'm sure its an off the line killer...

I love GM.....i had my brief affair with ford( good ) and dodge( also good)..but i always came back to GM..

GM is as American as it gets. and as Gm' goes so too goes America

sorry for the long post ...we just still have options....is all i'm saying.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Launching!

meth...it's a helluva drug....
Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

In other news (that will be confirmed officially later), Saturn will be sticking around. They've been bought out by someone, so their lineup will remain. Now if only that would happen with Pontiac...
Old 05-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Well the Trans Am and GTO's stock just went up being the last in a great line of cars it makes me sad but at least now I can use the "back in my day" speech.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rapter34
Well the Trans Am and GTO's stock just went up being the last in a great line of cars it makes me sad but at least now I can use the "back in my day" speech.
yeah thats true, just like the oldtimers we kinda chuckle at. i remeber when.....the x had the y engine...and damn it was fast. lol

i beleive i see electric engines coming to the forefront of the "performance of the future" I've seen a few guy tinker with them...and get outstanding 0-60's instant torque and all. leaving spent plasma rather than smoke

Maybe the future will hold a bright spot for performance buffs. in the electrics
regardless if its government regulated.

*and its not Meth...its nitrous and adrenanline.
I also pilot a busa! if i post afterward...i'm still abit buzzing.

Quick Reply: Pontiac is gone! This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!