Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

TV show RIDES, Ford's code named "daisy" project

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009 | 06:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Default TV show RIDES, Ford's code named "daisy" project

Have you guys seen the episode? Ford's "Petunia" project was the Ford GT prototype & now "Daisy" is a new "Cobra" protoype. The car has a V10 & is actually a very well done, enhanced design of the original. Am not a Ford person, but do respect their understanding of how not to f'ck up an icon; unlike GM's re-birth of the GTO.

Don't know if the design will make it into production, but the fully functional protype sure is nice.
Old 05-14-2009 | 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

That's old. Just a concept from a few years ago....
Old 05-14-2009 | 08:00 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Have you guys seen the episode? Ford's "Petunia" project was the Ford GT prototype & now "Daisy" is a new "Cobra" protoype. The car has a V10 & is actually a very well done, enhanced design of the original. Am not a Ford person, but do respect their understanding of how not to f'ck up an icon; unlike GM's re-birth of the GTO.

Don't know if the design will make it into production, but the fully functional protype sure is nice.
Qualify this comment please.
Old 05-14-2009 | 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
That's old. Just a concept from a few years ago....
Is it? Just saw it for the first time & found it interesting.
Old 05-14-2009 | 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Qualify this comment please.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-14-2009 | 09:06 AM
***Repost Police***

And I just asked you to clarify what you meant.
Old 05-14-2009 | 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

gm dropped the ball on the new GTO, nice car but didnt have any wow factor.....im mean really 1st year single sided exhaust?!?!?! Lack Luster 5.7 in a 4000lb body. I like the 2nd year version but it just didnt stand out from a crowd like the ol' Ram Air TA did you know
Old 05-14-2009 | 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

And I just asked you to clarify what you meant.
Oh, I meant that the new GTO design is a total POS, appearance wise. Looks like a souped up Cavalier. GM did nothing to improve or even maintain the iconical appearance of the original GTO. Similar to the crap that Chrysler put out in the 80's w/ the freakin' Dodge Charger non-sense.
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Iconical appearance of the original GTO? You mean the souped up Tempest? The Tempest looked quite a bit like every other car in the 60s, and in it's base forms wasn't much more than an economy car. The LeMans was a bit more exciting, but still nothing overly-special. The original GTO was a powerful engine in a midsized coupe painted some cool colors. I don't know how that criteria could have been met much better, unless you wanted the obligatory American-Pontiac scoops and strakes that plagued the early-mid 90s. The GTO was the best car overall Pontiac put out in a LONG time, and it's a shame the American public didn't embrace it better. People's rose-colored glasses are getting a bit thick, IMO.
Old 05-14-2009 | 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

^^^
I knew you were setting me up for the Tempest rant. American public didn't embrace the reborn GTO 'cuz it's BS.
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

GTO = Great car, just not iconic. They could of been a little more revolutionary and edgy with it. Souped up cavalier is right!
Old 05-14-2009 | 07:03 PM
Restricted User

Iconical appearance of the original GTO? You mean the souped up Tempest? The Tempest looked quite a bit like every other car in the 60s, and in it's base forms wasn't much more than an economy car. The LeMans was a bit more exciting, but still nothing overly-special. The original GTO was a powerful engine in a midsized coupe painted some cool colors. I don't know how that criteria could have been met much better, unless you wanted the obligatory American-Pontiac scoops and strakes that plagued the early-mid 90s. The GTO was the best car overall Pontiac put out in a LONG time, and it's a shame the American public didn't embrace it better. People's rose-colored glasses are getting a bit thick, IMO.
You may find this hard to believe, but I agree with you completely.

The only thing wrong AT ALL with the 04-06 GTO was it's name. It was an awesome car all around, it just should never have been called "GTO".
Old 05-14-2009 | 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
The only thing wrong AT ALL with the 04-06 GTO was it's name. It was an awesome car all around, it just should never have been called "GTO".
I'll agree with that more than any other explanation that's so far been posted...including that of my own.

Very True!! +1
Old 05-15-2009 | 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
You may find this hard to believe, but I agree with you completely.

i definately agree with the name problems. what was wrong with monaro in europe/azzie land? wait, actually, what the hell does monaro even mean? lol

Quick Reply: TV show RIDES, Ford's code named "daisy" project