Old 06-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

suicide is illegal also
Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cmb570
Does anyone else think these are the biggest BULLSHIT tickets you can get. We are suppose to live in the land of the free, yet I can decide for myself if I want to wear a seat belt or not. I know and read all the hype on seatbelts, but still should be our choice to wear or not. To pull us over just for seatbelt is simple crazy to me.
Theres so much more I would rather my tax money be handling then hassling me about my fricken seat belt
Yeah! you tell em!
I don't wear my seatbelt! I don't buckle up my kids and I make sure that they are always standing up in the car when I drive- and I keep all the windows open in the car also- so when I get into an accident the kids will all be safely and lovingly ejected from the car and no harm what-so-ever will happen to them!

j/k

It is just plain inbred phucking $tupid to not wear your seatbelt!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't wear my seatbelt, and I never will. Although I have, in my mind, a legit reason. My whole spinal column is fused with bars, screws and ground up cadaver bones. If I was to wreck bad enough with my seatbelt on to sustain any injuries I would break my bars and be paralyzed from the waist down, if not from my neck down. F*** that, I'd rather die.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

i'm kinda on the fence with seatbelts...personally that is. i USUALLY wear mine, but i think it's kind of subjective sometimes. i mean really, let's not kid ourselves here. cruise nights, anyone? 2mph stop and go...nope, not wearing one there. cruising through the neighborhood, 15mph, to go to the gas station and back...not wearing it there either.

45mph on the main roads in heavy traffic with women on cell phones...you bet your *** i'm wearing mine. granted it's always best not to tempt fate and just buckle the damn thing, but i find them pretty annoying and if i don't feel like i'm in an unsafe situation, i won't wear it.

Now, maybe to "justify" my habit of not always buckling up...i HAVE seen people actually get hurt worse from the belt than the crash itself would have been without it...VERY rare cases of course, but if everyone else can play the "what if" card then so can i.

More to the point, i've owned and operated motorcycles, on and off road, since i was 10 years old. i've learned how to look 3 steps ahead and predict possible hazards and i feel like im a pretty good judge of how dangerous a given situation or environment is. Do i wear a helmet when i ride? absolutly. always have, always will. my state just recently passes into law a bill allowing you to not wear a helmet, but that is just plain stupid. Motorcycle helmets provide an AMAZING amount of protection in a crash, and since your brain is kept in your skull (at least mine is, some people keep it in the backside of their pants), i tend to protect it as much as i can. Gloves, armored jackets, jeans, good boots, etc...are all also important. to those who don't ride, when you crash a bike, the best thing for you is to slide. that's why you want thick, preferably leather clothes, to skid on. watch a MotoGP race sometime, you'll see. bikes crash at 130mph+ and the rider gets up cussing the bike and walks off.

...but i digress. Seatbelts are simple to use and should always be used, but i see both sides to the story. i don't think i should be fined for not wearing mine. if i break some other law, i'm open for a verbal scolding over a seatbelt, but not a fine. if it's my choice as a biker to not wear a helmet, then by God it's my choice not to wear a seatbelt....sometimes.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt tickets ???