50.68%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Seatbelt tickets ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seatbelt tickets ???

Does anyone else think these are the biggest BULLSHIT tickets you can get. We are suppose to live in the land of the free, yet I can decide for myself if I want to wear a seat belt or not. I know and read all the hype on seatbelts, but still should be our choice to wear or not. To pull us over just for seatbelt is simple crazy to me.
Theres so much more I would rather my tax money be handling then hassling me about my fricken seat belt
Old 05-27-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really because you have to think about more than yourself.

The negligence of not wearing a seatbelt could harm or kill other drivers. Or cause them to kill you.

Let's say you hit another vehicle and this person dies because they weren't wearing their seatbelt. Now you are a criminal and could go to jail. If they were wearing their seatbelt they would of lived and you would just have higher rates.

Sound stupid?

OK now lets say that your sister is driving down the interstate. A SUV hit a barrier and rolls over. The driver is ejected as they aren't wearing their seatbelt. The driver lands into the oncoming lane and your sister runs over the person. Her car is now damaged and she lives with the fact that she indirectly killed someone. For some people that would follow them all their life.

Shrug.

Further in this state you CANNOT be pulled over for seatbelt alone. A higher offense has to be found then they can pull you over for that.

I have NEVER NEVER been given a ticket for not wearing one although I sometimes choose to not wear one.

I am not sure what the gribe is about! Have you gotten a ticket for this??

Last edited by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed; 05-27-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Launching!

I always wear my seat belt, so Im more concerned about the "no front plate" BS law we have in Illinois lol
Old 05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

I dont understand why people dont wear their seat belt... especially for above reasons!!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not wearing one is just plain ****** stupid.
But I guess if you're going to complain about wearing one, maybe you shouldn't. Add a little chlorine to the gene pool if you catch my drift.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Exactly. People should be smart enough to always where a seatbelt in the first place. I've been racing since I was 8 years old (Junior Dragsters) and I just got into the habit of always wearing one.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Teching In

It should be a law for minors in a car to wear a seat belt. But i am completely against the government telling me that i need to wear one.
There is always a "what if" for every action you do btw.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

I am much too pretty to put my face through a windshield , I buckle up and I don't street race. Kinda healthy plan I think....
Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PopaPork
Not wearing one is just plain ****** stupid.
But I guess if you're going to complain about wearing one, maybe you shouldn't. Add a little chlorine to the gene pool if you catch my drift.
x23245... Wearing a seatbelt is a necessity to me, and I make everyone that rides with me wear there's as well. Kinda like how I always wore my helmet/jacket/gloves when I rode my motorcycle. Had I not been wearing a helmet when I had my accident, my face would have been smeared all over the fender of a Ford Focus.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with everyone saying that seatbelts save lives and you're a ******* moron if you don't wear one. That being said, it is not the government's place to tell me how to live, or how not to.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Launching!

To those who dont wear their seatbelts.... why not? Whats the reason? It shouldnt be a law because its common sense to wear one.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by XxGarbSxX
I agree with everyone saying that seatbelts save lives and you're a ******* moron if you don't wear one. That being said, it is not the government's place to tell me how to live, or how not to.
^ this is more where Im coming from and why I posted. We all make bad choices and I happen to choose not to wear my seatbelt when I drive. No real reason. I didnt post to bitch, just curious what everyones take was on the seatbelt law in general. Thats all
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cmb570
^ this is more where Im coming from and why I posted. We all make bad choices and I happen to choose not to wear my seatbelt when I drive. No real reason.
At least u were honest lol
Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by cmb570
^ this is more where Im coming from and why I posted. We all make bad choices and I happen to choose not to wear my seatbelt when I drive. No real reason. I didnt post to bitch, just curious what everyones take was on the seatbelt law in general. Thats all
Well good luck with that... hopefully you don't end up smeared on the highway one day
Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

In Texas its a $500 fine.....I always buckle up now.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dakkrin
It should be a law for minors in a car to wear a seat belt. But i am completely against the government telling me that i need to wear one.
There is always a "what if" for every action you do btw.

I agree, I think it should be mandatory to be buckled in while you're a minor, but the day you recieve your license, it should be your choice. If you want to eat windshield, go ahead. I will choose to wear mine though. But, if I just run down to the gas station, not even a mile and speed limit is like 25, and I get a ticket cause I didn't have it on, now thats some bullshit.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you dont wear your seatbelt do you ever think of the cost it is going to be to recover your dead body from the road?

Normal accidents where youll just get transported to the hospital with some broken ribs and they will be on the accident scene for 20-30 minutes and then done.

Now, if you are ejected they have to do measurements, investigate what happened and 99% of the time close the road for a significant amount of time often effecting people that drive that route to work and such. We recently had an ejection death here and the road was closed for almost 4 hours as they couldnt figure out how he got almost 200 ft from the road.

Stupid law? I think not.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You don't think it's the place for the goverment to tell you what to do? Really? Come one lets not go there.
So If I want to take the 35 minute drive down to fort mill and hunt you down and kill you, thats ok, cause who is the goverment to tell me what to do? Whose to say killing another human is bad. Morals blaaaa.

I know it's an extreme example, but the goverment makes laws to protect it's people, not only from other people but from their selves. If there wasn't any law, or as you put it, "The goverment telling me how to live my life" this place would be a total disaster. People would be running around doing what ever the **** they pleased.

If the goverment didn't make people pay taxes you'd be pretty pissed when your bridges and roads were falling apart. You'd be pretty pissed when all your goverment agencies failed.

Trust me I don't want the feds telling me what color to paint my house or what my hair cut should be or what car to drive (no General Motors jokes please), but I kinda of like the idea of having someone monitor all the stupid *** people out there who not only pose a threat to themselves but also to everyone else.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

I do agree buckeling up is a good thing, and i do it, hope you do too.
Other side of the coin is this,,dont bikers have a choice on helments?
are they not subject to the same damages as mentioned above, hurting me, hurting themsleves, etc...
or are they now subject to haveing to wear them?
Not saying that they should, i beleive in the whole its your choice kinda thing, but saftey measures for one, should be saftey measures for all
and how about school buses,,, im 36 now, but back in the day, there werent any belts in there,,,,, !!!!

end rant
Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

state to state varies on motorcycle helmets. We have to in MD and i'd be scared not to ride with a helmet on.

wear the seatbelt and shutup. there are way stupider laws out there then seatbelt laws

Quick Reply: Seatbelt tickets ???